Quote from: ldj on July 16, 2021, 12:11:45 AM
Although I'm not that knowledgeable on the genre there was a lot of fantastic stuff in the soul/r&b genres in the 60's/70's, Innervisions by Stevie Wonder is one of the best albums of all time, and one of the best sounding albums I've ever heard too.

Sure Metallica were busy in the 80s. Stop this inclusive gayness lads please!

'Immervisions by Stevie Wonder'.

It's like ye are tripping over each other now pretending to like Fugazi to outright telling your parents that you are gay (they know).

I'm getting a steel chair and I'm going to bash all your brains in!

If I ended up on a desert island with nothing but The Beatles to listen to I could only conclude that there is an afterlife and I've ended up in Hell. See also Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, The Doors and funk music.

Congratulations on your gayest post of the year Andy. It was up against some fairly stiff competition but you've managed it.

'The Beatles' 'there's an afterlife' awwww fuck off y'a cringe factory!

Quote from: Caomhaoin on July 16, 2021, 03:59:56 AM
Congratulations on your gayest post of the year Andy. It was up against some fairly stiff competition but you've managed it.
Using words like 'stiff'...that's pretty gay.

Who gave Camhaoin a second glass of shandy?

I'm taking partial responsibility for that one Andy  :laugh:

#113 July 31, 2021, 12:40:51 AM Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 12:42:26 AM by astfgyl
Quote from: Carnage on July 15, 2021, 09:16:40 PM
Sgt. Pepper's, Rubber Soul (where they began to be interesting IMO, as opposed to just a pop group), Revolver, Let It Be, Abbey Road - all brilliant for the most part. Anything from Rubber Soul onward, really.

The 1967-1970 compilation is a good starting point IMO, not a dud on it (yes, I'm including Octopus's Garden, shut up), and it includes some non-album singles. The Love compilation is a good take on some of the hits - it was a mix created for a Cirque du Soleil show, and flows really well.

Finally listened to Rubber Soul a couple of times. It's great. Really put me in mind of McLove and Caomhain most of the way through

Speaking of that compilation as well, listened to Hey Jude off that earlier. Some tune

I saw Oasis in Páirc Uí Chaoimh in '96. They were unexpectedly great but when we were walking out afterward, under the stands, the whole place was singing the na-na-nah-naaah bit of Hey Jude on a loop (it was playing through the speakers after the gig itself). It sounded great bouncing off the walls of the old stands, I have to say.

Love all eras of The Beatles and just went back through it all while reading One, Two, Three, Four which I saw someone mention on here as well. Exceptional times and exceptional music.

Operation :Mindcrime. Fucking perfect album.

Forgot this earlier. Remember when this came  out it was really well reviewed, everyone knew it was a bit special, really where did it come from? Sure their earlier stuff was great in parts but nothing to suggest they were capable of this. The planets aligned for Queensryche on this one and despite some decent songs they never came close to these heights again. But how could they?

Another one I've yet to hear a note of.

Are the vocals high pitched?

Excruciatingly so. Was never a fan, though that's the only one of theirs I've heard.

Quote from: Carnage on August 01, 2021, 12:06:09 AM
Excruciatingly so.

Fuck that so. Find it very hard to buzz off the operatic vocal stuff. Never heard a note of that band but I always suspected it'd be high pitched