Just listened to Impellitteri take a massive shit on Sabbath. A contender for the worst cover ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd6SovXtKbY

The song isn't the worst, at least they tried to put their own spin on it, but the video is possibly the worst video i have seen in a while.I

The worst collection of covers is Iced Earth's Tribute to the Gods... They sucked the soul out of those songs.  It really is a travesty.

They don't do the groovy outro, that's the biggest sin. For the rest, cheesy band do cheesy cover, no surprise!

Quote from: Anvil on December 18, 2018, 12:25:27 PM

The worst collection of covers is Iced Earth's Tribute to the Gods... They sucked the soul out of those songs.  It really is a travesty.
I'm a massive Iced Earth fan, but you're spot on, that is a fucking awful album. Even that there's two Maiden, two BÖC, two AC/DC covers make it seems like their was no thought put into it and just rushed out to have an extra disc for the boxset

Quote from: Trev on December 20, 2018, 02:07:03 PM
Quote from: Anvil on December 18, 2018, 12:25:27 PM

I'm a massive Iced Earth fan, but you're spot on, that is a fucking awful album. Even that there's two Maiden, two BÖC, two AC/DC covers make it seems like their was no thought put into it and just rushed out to have an extra disc for the boxset

Same as that! Im Huge Barlow era Fan, i did enjoy one or 2 of the songs, due to schaffers playing, but very poor album over all.

Arch Enemy's version of The Book of Heavy Metal must be up there with the worst. Tried to find a link for it but seems even the internet spat it back out.

Six Feed Under and their ridiculous cover albums?

Those Six Feet Under cover albums are dreadful alright.

Megadeth had a habit of releasing some pretty terrible covers over the years, most recent offender being Cold Sweat. 

99.99% of covers by Metal bands tend to be shite....whould be quicker to name good covers :)
Chlanna Nan Con Thigibh A So's Gheibh Sibh Feoil

Just listening to Vanity/Nemisis and forgot this war crime was tacked onto the end of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HQpOBVbG8c

There used be a cover of the Trooper with grunty death metal vocals out years ago. Would often be played after gigs. Awful, awful shite, never knew who the band were though.