#30 January 17, 2021, 06:14:22 AM Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 06:16:28 AM by Thorn
And a very begrudging' As I Die' it was too. There was a definite disconnect between where PL were at, or thought they were at, and their fan base at that time. Came away from that gig feeling pretty disappointed.

But yeah, Sigh, top band for sure.

Haha yeah. It's like they grudgingly squeezed out out through their holes. I enjoyed it none the less  :laugh:

PL played Cork that time too,it would have been early 99,Entombed played the Music centre about a week before hand.(i can remember being pretty stoked catching both bands in such a short space of time).But yeah PL were a massive disappointment,terrible shite.

#33 January 17, 2021, 09:31:01 AM Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 10:08:51 AM by Eoin McLove
That Entombed gig was with who again?

They played twice in the space of a year or two with two savage lineups. Neurosis and Today is the Day was one I think,  but that was 97 or 98? I'm possibly mixing three or four gigs together in my head though because Neurosis played two great gigs too.

Medulla Nocte were in the mix I think... Jesus,  it's so long ago and my brain is like Swiss cheese.

But anyway... SIGH! I had Ghastly Funeral Theatre on last night and thought,  this sounds like a BM Beatles. I then read the comments from Mirai who says he was trying to mix black metal with The Beatles! Nailed it  :laugh:

Quote from: Paul keohane on January 17, 2021, 09:20:25 AM
PL played Cork that time too,it would have been early 99,Entombed played the Music centre about a week before hand.(i can remember being pretty stoked catching both bands in such a short space of time).But yeah PL were a massive disappointment,terrible shite.
Didnt they say at the Cork gig "no old stuff, get used to it" or something like that.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 17, 2021, 09:31:01 AM

They played twice in the space of a year or two with two savage lineups. Neurosis and Today is the Day was one I think,  but that was 97 or 98? I'm possibly mixing three or four gigs together in my head though because Neurosis played two great gigs too.

Medulla Nocte were in the mix I think... Jesus,  it's so long ago and my brain is like Swiss cheese.

But anyway... SIGH! I had Ghastly Funeral Theatre on last night and thought,  this sounds like a BM Beatles. I then read the comments from Mirai who says he was trying to mix black metal with The Beatles! Nailed it  :laugh:
Yeah medulla Nocte and Skinlab.

Quote from: Blizzard Beast on January 17, 2021, 11:13:06 AM
Quote from: Paul keohane on January 17, 2021, 09:20:25 AM
Didnt they say at the Cork gig "no old stuff, get used to it" or something like that.
yeah,i can remember the annoyance from the crowd!.

Quote from: Paul keohane on January 17, 2021, 01:51:29 PM

Skinlab, haha. Oh yeah! I was wearing sandals in the moshpit (genius!) and I lost a toe nail  :laugh:

Entombed had Neurosis as support around '96/'97 (I think Breach opened for them?), Neurosis came back with Voivod and TITD a couple of years later (Times Of Grace tour).

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 17, 2021, 02:06:07 PM
Quote from: Paul keohane on January 17, 2021, 01:51:29 PM

Skinlab, haha. Oh yeah! I was wearing sandals in the moshpit (genius!) and I lost a toe nail  :laugh:
Quirky lost his Glasses in the pit when Entombed played Left hand Path,proper big pit,a couple of minutes later he found them on the ground on one piece! (Kind of).

That gig with Neurosis was one i was desperate to go to,but my parents pulled rank as i was doing my leaving cert! (Youd fuckin swear i was a serious academic going for medicine and this gig would have hampered that)

Some run of whoppers in the space of around three years back then alright. My first contact with Neurosis was seeing them support Entombed ( in 97 I believe) and it was one of those "HOLY FUCK,  WHAT IS THIS???" moments.