Supplementing my earlier reply with

Stormkeep - Galdrum, really good 'medieval' black metal  without any schtick, just old and cold.
Fluisteraars - Bloem, catchy and strangely uplifting Dutch black metal.

Wytch Hazel - III: Pentecost
Napalm Death - Throes...
Butcher - 666 Goats Carry My Chariot
Faceless Burial - Speciation
Eternal Champion - Ravening Iron
Havukruunu

Need to spend more time on the new Cirith Ungol to see if it's up to much use. Same with Megaton Sword (first couple of songs sound very promising thought).
Haven't even touched the new Malokarpatan but suspect that would be well up there.

I welcome this recent re-emerging from the woodwork trend! First Nazgul, then Ducky popped up again, and now spiritcrusher breaks out of hibernation!

What about you Jugz? JUGZ!? COME BACK TO US JUGZ!!! I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR US!!!

And now, who knows; urban legend has it that if you type three consecutive sentences in all caps on an Irish metal forum GOLIATH appears!

Too busy with his political career.

Quote from: open face surgery on January 10, 2021, 02:31:25 PM
Too busy with his political career.

:laugh:

His past is in Dublin Doom Days, his future in a Brighter Athy!  :laugh:

#65 January 10, 2021, 03:45:59 PM Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 03:49:30 PM by Nazgûl
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 10, 2021, 01:42:52 PM
First Nazgul...and now spiritcrusher breaks out of hibernation!

It was himself who put me in the know that the forum was back up and running over a beer one night. I'm still going back through threads catching up.

I'm regret to say that between work and a new arrival, I haven't had much time to listen to new music this year. Therefore the new Napalm Death is album of the year for me, by default at least. Fuck me though, what a release. No band that far into their career should be capable of releasing music this good, but ND seem to make it look easy.

Oranssi Pazuzu
Revenge
Bacterium

The rest: Ominous Resurrection, Ljosazabojstwa, Temple Nightside, Omegavortex, Malicious, Perdition Temple, Serpent Noir, Imperial Triumphant, Armagedda, Black Curse, Vassafor

Need more time but the few listens have been great: Mooncitadel, Question, White Magician

I only listened to the new Serpent Noir once, need to go back and spend some time with it.

Quote from: John Kimble on January 10, 2021, 04:22:10 PM
I'm regret to say that between work and a new arrival, I haven't had much time to listen to new music this year. Therefore the new Napalm Death is album of the year for me, by default at least. Fuck me though, what a release. No band that far into their career should be capable of releasing music this good, but ND seem to make it look easy.

Just listened to it for the first time this week. It's fucking amazing. So heavy and such a kick to the face from the first note.

Don't know if it got a shout but one I've ended up liking more than I expected  is the latest Pallbearer "Forgotten Days".

Also good ones from
Stygian Crown
Megaton Sword
Eternal Champion

Still giving the gong to Napalm for 2020 though