I'm listening to Zealot here for the first time in as long as I can remember. I had forgotten what a fantastic EP it was. The lads had really started to find their feet as songwriters on this one. It's incredibly catchy, particularly considering how aggressive it is. I'd love to have heard them write a full album of this quality. John McGhee's vocals were so fucking vicious. Unreal.

Talk about a forgotten local gem.

https://youtu.be/LotGb5fSll8

Yeah, John was a great frontman alright. They always remind me of the first place I heard them; that In Unison compilation. Now, if that release isn't a nostalgia trigger for an Irish metaller, I don't know what is!

#2 October 23, 2020, 03:44:49 PM Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 03:46:28 PM by Eoin McLove
Yeah. There seemed to be something in the air in the early 2000s locally. It felt like things were beginning to happen which, to an extent, was true. Not all bands made it out alive but Primordial and Mourning Beloveth continued to develop and grow both artistically and in terms of their fan base. Graveyard Dirt subsequently made a brilliant return. It's a pity the likes of Arcane Sun and Primal Dawn didn't survive and Hexxed developed into something, admittedly interesting, but far away from what they were doing in the early 00s. I also think Altus Astrum were unfortunate to have received fuck all attention. They could have become a real creative force. 'Antediluvian' was a great album.

Yeah great band,those ep/demos were decent!,solid live too,always enjoyed them.

I must stick on The Euthanasia Program next and see if it holds up. I remember thinking Zealot was more accomplished sounding back then.

Must go back to it. Think I only have Zealot but always enjoyed it and always good live when I saw them.

Cool band, I don't think I ever got this one but I remember buying The Euthanasia Program and another one (maybe self titled) at their various gigs way back then. Listening to "Euthanasia. ." now and it still rips! Never really heard much about them apart from a few positive reviews in zines at the time.
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 23, 2020, 02:18:18 PM
Yeah, John was a great frontman alright. They always remind me of the first place I heard them; that In Unison compilation. Now, if that release isn't a nostalgia trigger for an Irish metaller, I don't know what is!
Haha to those of us of a certain vintage it is alright!

They actually did record a full length, but they split up before it ever got released.
'Contami-Nation' it was to be called.

I was in touch with John McGhee back when he was with Legion Of Wolves about releasing it on the Irish Metal Archive, but he dropped off social media completely and I lost contact with him and was put on the back burner.
He sent me a copy of it, and all.

I'll have to try and track him down about it again.

No way. How did it sound?

Class band. They improved with every release and they were always savage live. I always had a soft spot for the Evolution's End demo too.

Zealot is the only thing of theirs that I have but it's savage. Never got to see them live unfortunately.

I'm nearly certain one of the lads gave me a listen to some of the tracks of that unreleased album one night.
Any reason why they never released it?
But strange you wouldn't release something if it was done and dusted even if they were split up.

#13 November 02, 2020, 12:01:36 AM Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 12:06:04 AM by DyslucsicJK
If  I remember correctly, they recorded this at "FatDog Studio" Duleek, Co. Meath...
Sounds like Boris sound "The Euthanasia Programme" that is.

Ive only ever touched on a few albums between DM snd OMC.Two bands i should really have investigated  more over the years.
OMC were kinda popular at one time from what i can remember.