Mushrooms, not of the psychedelic variety. I love nothing more than a full plate of mushrooms.

The bird reading, the kid having a nap, me out on the balcony with 'Schizophrenia', 'Unchain the Wolves' and 'Wildfire' with a jumbo bag of taytos and a cold drink, 25 odd degrees. Ah here boyz, yes!

The bird gone off with the daughter, me in the kitchen with The Best of Pink Floyd and Nirvana, and a warm can of excelsior left over from last night calling to me to be drank, about 10 degrees out.

And still it's a case of "Ah here, yes!". Simple pleasures indeed and I take them where I can

The swallows are back nesting in my shed. Out earlier, a couple of deer croseed the road in front of me. Lovely smell of wild mint in the hedges. It's summer again.

Wash that down with Brown Bear double IPA in front of The Madness Of King George. Grand. What what.

Local coffee shop opened up today after 2 months (takeaway),absolute bliss sinking the creamy latte awhile ago!

You're not one of them mugs, like the 20 or so I saw queuing outside Starbucks? Maybe it's only a Limerick thing. Fuckin spas. It's coffee, like!

You can't compare queueing up for Starbucks with going to a local place! People queueing for Starbucks have been taking a shot of the Koolaid with their coffee for years.

No, I'm not in fairness, there is a sizable difference. It just reminded me of the many dopes I saw a day or two ago. Is it trendy to buy coffee in Starbucks?

Quote from: Emphyrio on May 25, 2020, 02:47:06 PM
You're not one of them mugs, like the 20 or so I saw queuing outside Starbucks? Maybe it's only a Limerick thing. Fuckin spas. It's coffee, like!
Na local place,woud rarely drink the Starbucks stuff

Starbucks, Costa and all that shite, I don't get the attraction. You'll get a better dose from a percolator and decent natural ground coffee, much better. Thry just throw sugary, syrupy crap into fairly poor gear.

The terraces in the bars are open from today here, at 30% capacity. Filled up right and quick this morning.

Soldering a fuckload of preamp wires and switches in a guitar cavity and it working.

I don't hate Costa or Starbucks coffee,its grand,but you can't beat coffee a local place.

A big wide shite. One of those ones that the word excoriate was invented for. It feels like a cavity block being forced through your body, emptying you out completely, your eyes spinning, sunspots appearing at the edge of your vision and a warm glow of endorphins filling your brain to fizz and pop away the for the rest of the day. You half expect your medulla oblongata to be attached to the back of it, which might account for the big doped-up grin and saucer eyes that last at least 24 hours. Simply divine.

#464 May 25, 2020, 10:40:35 PM Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 10:49:28 PM by Paul keohane
 :laugh: :laugh:

Years back i was cycling down in Kerry for the day,after i downed a massive milk chocolate protein drink.Hopped into the car and headed back for Cork,about 10 kilometres from Macroom i got an unmerciful rumble in my stomach!.Basically everything in my stomach felt like it just wanted to blast out my arse hole!.
Im in big  trouble here!,i could barely drive the car,i was bent over the steering wheel in agony!,every last ounce of energy was trying to focus on not shitting my pants!.
I was absolutely sweating buckets!,driving about 150kpm on fuckin windy kerry roads to try and make it to Macroom to find a jax!.I can remember flying in the entrance of a hotel carpark (must have been doing 80kpm),abandoned the car across various spaces and doing a weird run/womble across the carpark,burst into the jax in the bar!.The moment of bliss when i got into the jax to find no one else in there!, and i could unleash whatever kind of ungodly sounds i wanted was utter heaven!

(To top it off i couldnt stand up after!,,the energy i burned trying to hold in the mother load coupled with the days cycling was just to much for me!)