Quote from: Juggz on February 28, 2020, 09:56:55 AM
A really good gig. The good feeling lasts for days afterwards.

So true! Was there one in particular there or are you just thinking about it?

#301 February 28, 2020, 11:09:48 AM Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 11:27:56 AM by Juggz
I went to see Cory Wong down Cork way last night, doing his particular funk thing. They just powered through the songs, amazing musicians, fantastic horn section (something uncommon for most of the gigs I go to) and it was really enjoyable from start to finish. I'm knackered in work this morning but in an unflappable good mood.

The contrast between that and the feelings after having to endure the risible Zakk Sabbath a couple of weeks ago is quite stark.

Handing in my notice to work today

Getting everything done an hour before quitting time, making a cup of tea and being able to enjoy it 'cos you're the only one in.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on February 28, 2020, 04:58:33 PM
Yeah. Fuck McDonald's

Yeah I handed it to me 22 year old boss and asked him if he wanted fries with that.. then everyone cheered as I walked out to Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me to go live my best life  8)

Waking up at 6, getting up at 6.30 and having two hours to read and listen to tunes.  I love that time of morning when it's beginning to get bright.

Glorious time of the day. Time to make a decent breakfast, and get a few pages in or hit the auld Duolingo. Can't get in to running or gym early in the morning though. Seems mental.

Early mornings like that, especially when it's frosty, are great. Put on a pot of coffee, go out and clean the back yard of dog crap (we have 4, there's lots of it), and when you come back in to a warm kitchen and the smell of the coffee hits you - bliss. Then sit down with a book and the post-breakfast coffee.

That sounds great apart from the dogshit  :laugh:

Aye, but it has to be done. It's the contrast, mainly. Out in the cold, doing something shitty (literally) vs. that nice, cozy feeling.

The feeling of a freshly shaved head. My own, before you start.

Or a freshly shaved fanny  :-*