He would be more likely to slip a roofie into your father or brothers drink.

I didn't want to say in case it triggered someone. The kind of nice guy liberal that we're all expect to kow tow to and never question these days. And all the while they're lining their pockets and tearing lumps out of the working and middle classes. Cunts

'Ven are you going to use the tear gas'? :)

Jewish supporters of Trump are Nazis....🤦‍♂️

Quote from: open face surgery on August 18, 2020, 06:50:29 PM
This thread has been regretful and quite painful to read through.

A fitting reflection of the modern political climate, in other words.

Michelle Obama stating she hates politics at a political convention has been the highlight of my day. This thread has been regretful and quite painful to read through.

She's not even a politician, she's just married to one.

Imagine if I saw a person having a heart attack on the train and decided to jump in.  It's ok,  my wife is a nurse! I pull my trowel out of my back pocket and hack his faulty heart out of his chest. I wonder would I be interviewed on Nationwide as a national hero  :o

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 18, 2020, 09:28:13 PM
This thread has been regretful and quite painful to read through.

A fitting reflection of the modern political climate, in other words.

What political climate though? Since when have Irish people ever had a say in terms of US elections? It's not our country. We have no say. We don't have a vote. Neither do they have a say in our elections and thank Christ for that. No, it's not political climate, it's a social media climate, a news/media climate, but it has nothing to do with politics in terms of politics that we have any say in or any real understanding of, despite arguments to the contrary.

Some of Trump's actions have consequences around the globe, so yes, "political climate", not "social media climate".

Social media ultimately has fuck all to do with what's happening (unless you count the orange cunt's frequent meltdowns on Twitter).

Quote from: Pedrito on August 18, 2020, 10:02:30 PM

What political climate though? Since when have Irish people ever had a say in terms of US elections? It's not our country. We have no say. We don't have a vote. Neither do they have a say in our elections and thank Christ for that. No, it's not political climate, it's a social media climate, a news/media climate, but it has nothing to do with politics in terms of politics that we have any say in or any real understanding of, despite arguments to the contrary.

And yet, politics is the cradle of globalism! And social media is a key arena in politics today, globally. Both the conservatives and liberals group together on the international scene, with Trump speaking nice of everyone from Bolsonaro to Marine LePen, Farage, etc., and on the other side it's a veritable back slapping spectacle. Politics has never been more transparently global, and talk of global interference in elections never more present. Not to mention, sorry to state the obvious, that anyone from outside of the US with a genuine interest in politics will understand it better than the average US voter (though that's not unique to the US, of course...the majority of voters everywhere are intended to be easily bamboozled).

Is all the above not obvious? I don't really see what point you want to make in light of it.

Look, while you spend your time ranting about issues like the border on a continent you don't even live on, similar issues are taking place here in Ceuta and Melilla in Spain, the Hungarian border, the crossing in Italy. It's one example of an issue that absolutely has repercussions on OUR continent and while it is discussed, you won't find people hRping on about it over a cup of coffee or in a pub in Dublin.

We're Americanised, we've bought into it all. The Trump thing is only the same rehashing of how George Bush Jr was ridiculed back in the day, the way Regan was too. We slant Democrat here because it's what we're fed. Our news media has always leaned that way and it's had it's consequences. Bill Clinton was given a.free ride despite being a sleazy fuker and Obama was given a Nobel Peace Prize before he ever lifted a finger.

And that's manipulated. You can argue the contrary til the cows come home, but that's what it is.

In a year when the two civil war parties in Ireland went into joint government together, the political climate in our country has never been more open or healthier. But if you choose to spend the whole time looking across the water at the circus over there, which has ALWAYS been a circus, then, of course you would see it the way you're interpreting it.

But I  go back to my original point. Trump.was voted in for a.reason. if the others had done a good job he would  never have gotten in. So you're ranting and raving about something you have no understanding of. You don't understand why an American would.vote for him other than the usual bollox argument 'they're all racist/yokel/thick' yadda yadda yadda. Yeah, the country of Steinbeck and Twain, the country that savdd Europe.in WW2, the country that landed a man on the moon..thick. Get a fucking grip.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 18, 2020, 10:26:03 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on August 18, 2020, 10:02:30 PM

And yet, politics is the cradle of globalism! And social media is a key arena in politics today, globally. Both the conservatives and liberals group together on the international scene, with Trump speaking nice of everyone from Bolsonaro to Marine LePen, Farage, etc., and on the other side it's a veritable back slapping spectacle. Politics has never been more transparently global, and talk of global interference in elections never more present. Not to mention, sorry to state the obvious, that anyone from outside of the US with a genuine interest in politics will understand it better than the average US voter (though that's not unique to the US, of course...the majority of voters everywhere are intended to be easily bamboozled).

Is all the above not obvious? I don't really see what point you want to make in light of it.

Well you've hit the crux of the issue. Global politics is still headed up by the lad who will fix your pothole.

Americans voted Trump to get their potholes fixed, because their heartland had been let stagnate for generations. And yet we think we understand them? The whole world saying they should have voted some other way? It's their country. That's democracy.

Quote from: Pedrito on August 18, 2020, 10:29:20 PM
But I  go back to my original point. Trump.was voted in for a.reason. if the others had done a good job he would  never have gotten in. So you're ranting and raving about something you have no understanding of. You don't understand why an American would.vote for him other than the usual bollox argument 'they're all racist/yokel/thick' yadda yadda yadda. Yeah, the country of Steinbeck and Twain, the country that savdd Europe.in WW2, the country that landed a man on the moon..thick. Get a fucking grip.

Steinbeck and Twain - two people.

Country that landed man on the moon - in order to outdo and flex on their Cold War rivals.

The US' involvment in WWII is a bit more detailed and nuanced than "they saved Europe".

Regardless, anyone involved in those events weren't casting votes in 2016. Look at the people sticking by Trump - they ARE racists, yokels, thickos, religious nutters, white supremacists, whatever. Look at the amount of people that have said "I regret voting for him".

#178 August 19, 2020, 12:08:40 AM Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 12:11:23 AM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Quote from: Ducky on August 18, 2020, 11:41:32 PM
The US' involvment in WWII is a bit more detailed and nuanced than "they saved Europe".

Regardless, anyone involved in those events weren't casting votes in 2016. Look at the people sticking by Trump - they ARE racists, yokels, thickos, religious nutters, white supremacists, whatever.

You're your own worst enemy man.

The election alone will be the test of just how many regret voting for Trump. We'll see if anything comes of this latest Russia collusion investigation, but as it stands he's still in with a very good fighting chance, and largely for the reasons Pedrito has raised...plus middle Americans being turned off by what they see as a radicalized left, screaming fascist whenever they get a chance, and so on. A lot of middle America feel more represented by Trump than the current woke face of the Democratic party, and that's a fact. Doesn't mean they feel represented by him, just more so...which is a nuance you are sorely lacking in the context of a two-man race.

Quote from: Ducky on August 18, 2020, 11:41:32 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on August 18, 2020, 10:29:20 PMCountry that landed man on the moon - in order to outdo and flex on their Cold War rivals.

Country that landed on the moon thanks to nazi scientists given immunity in the USA.

Country that joined the war despite a lot of Americans supporting the nazi party, including Henry ford and Charles Lindbergh, the nazis getting funding from Americans such as Prescott bush, and an actual nazi party rally with 20,000 attendees in madison square garden in 1939.

Think your giving too much credit the ole US pedrito