Quote from: Ducky on August 14, 2020, 03:42:24 PM
Quote from: Caomhaoin on August 14, 2020, 02:50:54 PM
Nowt proven lad.

Because he has the means to keep people quiet. Do you honestly think that upwards of two dozen women over several decades are all just making this shit up?

His pussy grabbing comment (yes, that's getting brought up again because he said it) and implying he'd like to fuck his daughter is the language of someone that has a healthy attitude towards women?
[/quote

Jesus Christ. I mean. Fuck me.

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on August 14, 2020, 02:54:47 PM
"I can do whatever I want with these women because I'm rich and powerful"

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

He's a prick. But I'd forgive him locker room talk, I'm not necessarily sure it lends itself to a supposed darker side. I'm not sure about it going too far, I'm sure we've all said worse. It looks bad coming from a president but ..

I find his outlandish claims to be more symptomatic of his narcissism than his pussy talk. He reminds me of Michael O Leary. An outspoken cunt, annoying to listen to but he gets shit done. I thoroughly dislike both characters but I can totally understand why they have their supporters.

The Nixon defence here is in full effect from some posters. If the president does it, it's not a crime....... right? Whatever else Trump is, he will always stand behind his words, because he'll always defend himself above all else. He is pure scum. Call me a weak lefty libber if ye like, but some people have made a habit on here out of  defending the indefensible.

Quote from: Emphyrio on August 14, 2020, 03:59:50 PM
He's a prick. But I'd forgive him locker room talk, I'm not necessarily sure it lends itself to a supposed darker side. I'm not sure about it going too far, I'm sure we've all said worse. It looks bad coming from a president but ..

I find his outlandish claims to be more symptomatic of his narcissism than his pussy talk. He reminds me of Michael O Leary. An outspoken cunt, annoying to listen to but he gets shit done. I thoroughly dislike both characters but I can totally understand why they have their supporters.

Out of curiosity what has Trump gotten done. Besides fostering a lovely attitude of hate nearly every thing he's tried to do the courts have struck out. He got Brett in. Did an amazing deal with UAE and Israel.  :laugh:

#50 August 14, 2020, 04:17:52 PM Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 04:19:49 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Quote from: Pedrito on August 14, 2020, 01:19:32 PM
There's no period to it. It just goes to show our leaders are being bought and sold. Was the Trunp response to the WHO reasonable when viewed in that light? Our leaders are held over a barrel and fingered sideways. No guts, no principles.

WHO, UN, capitalism...all different names for globalism. What I'm saying is that modern China, with all the power they have, is a direct construct of globalism which was deemed to be in the short term interests of western nation economic and social development. I said it about people blaming "China" for COVID and I'll say it again now; we all made China and we have been endorsing what she is for decades. That's globalism, and it is written into the very fabric of capitalist theory, since day 1. China today, in terms of societal structure, is closer to Victorian industrial age Britain than it is to anything you will find in any Communist blueprint, even Mao's. China is not communism, China is a major player in global capitalism. Don't like what they do internally in order to gain power? A bit late to be giving out now, the Faustian pact was being highlighted since the 80s.

This..

I don't particularly like his personality or O'Leary's either, but every second person has turned into an oul maggie whispering behind the curtains about him. I find it pathetic, grown adults acting completely hysterical about someone that they've never met and who is obviously being attacked from all angles in the media for political and agenda driven reasons. Quite simply a sign of how spineless we've become as a society.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 14, 2020, 04:17:52 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on August 14, 2020, 01:19:32 PM
There's no period to it. It just goes to show our leaders are being bought and sold. Was the Trunp response to the WHO reasonable when viewed in that light? Our leaders are held over a barrel and fingered sideways. No guts, no principles.

WHO, UN, capitalism...all different names for globalism. What I'm saying is that modern China, with all the power they have, is a direct construct of globalism which was deemed to be in the short term interests of western nation economic and social development. I said it about people blaming "China" for COVID and I'll say it again now; we all made China and we have been endorsing what she is for decades. That's globalism, and it is written into the very fabric of capitalist theory, since day 1. China today, in terms of societal structure, is closer to Victorian industrial age Britain than it is to anything you will find in any Communist blueprint, even Mao's. China is not communism, China is a major player in global capitalism. Don't like what they do internally in order to gain power? A bit late to be giving out now, the Faustian pact was being highlighted since the 80s.

I've personally always been against it. Factories in Drogheda were closed over the years, jobs ripped.out of the town to send them abroad. Yes, it's taken until now for many to wake up and realise it. That said, people were screamkng from the rooftops for years about outsourcing to poliylticians and nothing was done about it. And then we wonder why protest votes like Trump and Brexit are starting to happen. The normal voter has been ignored for decades and it's continuing to happen. Meanwhile the smokescreen Trump is x, y, z, covers over all the valid reasons he was voted in in the first place.

Point being, huge swathes of people have never been in favour of the decisions our big businesses, politicians and banks have been making.

If I'm to take Kev at his word, which unless shown otherwise, I will, he has improved the lot of ethnic minorities, he has a significant female portion on his staff. I like that he has the balls to call out the need for China to answer for covid, he's correct to want to bring US business home, he doesn't want to pay over the odds to NATO etc, compared to other countries. While that stuff would have negative impacts for other countries, he's surely supposed to have US interests at heart. He's a blowhard and certainly comes out with loads of nonsense but I can see why he has a lot of support. And keep in mind, I don't like him. I'm not looking to apologise for his idiocy or even get lumped in with his fans, as I'm not one. I just think people are getting bent out of shape over certain things, that in the grand scheme of things, even though not very presidential, are either lies, exaggerated or being made to be more significant than they are.

Jaysus lads, how many threads on Trump are necessary?

He is everywhere. Its fucking annoying

He has his faults, a big mouth etc.

Bottom line though, Trump is not that bad.

Has no one got an auld scéal for the hangover thread or something?

Yeah it's like the year Big brother started. Every cunt talking about it, saying exactly the same thing over and over. Group think

Quote from: Pedrito on August 14, 2020, 05:13:31 PM
Yeah it's like the year Big brother started. Every cunt talking about it, saying exactly the same thing over and over. Group think

Yes and no. Is everyone talking about it. Yeah. Is their group think involved. Obviously. I couldn't give a flying shyte about that though. I judge leaders on how they can help their constituents, and I mean all of the constituents not just who voted for them.

And on that basis he's fucking useless. Can't get anything meaningful done. Hasn't a clue about the political game either. And I know I'm being naieve but isld like a leader to have a little but of empathy. Which he has none of. To be honest Charlottesville just showed what a clem he is. Theres good people on both sides. Is there fuck. Neo Nazi cunts is what that side was.

Quote from: Ollkiller on August 14, 2020, 04:11:04 PM

Out of curiosity what has Trump gotten done. Besides fostering a lovely attitude of hate nearly every thing he's tried to do the courts have struck out. He got Brett in. Did an amazing deal with UAE and Israel.  :laugh:

He's rolled back decades of EPA protections! Who needs the environment, right?