The full album leaked about 2 weeks ago haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

That new track is straight up Swans worship ("Greed"/"Holy Money as fuck). The previous one was straight up Killing Joke. I like them both but re there any songs that sound like Napalm Death on this new record??

Loving what I've heard thus far, just watching the video of "A Bellyful of Salt and Spleen" reminded of Bryan Ferry with Barney's antics.

#18 September 07, 2020, 08:58:19 AM Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 09:00:10 AM by Nazgûl
Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 05, 2020, 10:09:16 AM
That new track is straight up Swans worship ("Greed"/"Holy Money as fuck). The previous one was straight up Killing Joke. I like them both but re there any songs that sound like Napalm Death on this new record??

The first track in this thread is pretty much classic ND. I definitely agree with the influences being clearly outlined in the next two tracks, but don't think it's fair to say it doesn't sound like them. The Swans-like track could also be likened to Godflesh and the two bands have always had a shared kinship/admiration for one another. Same with the post punk thing. The last few albums have had tracks like these that deviate from an otherwise 90% grind album. Personally I love these little variations in style, makes for a more enjoyable listen.

It's another absolute stormer anyway on first listen

Amazing album,  love the variation which I think is well placed throughout. Absolute corker few refreshments and this on repeat👌

God I hope these guys get to play here soon.

They were supposed to play Dolan's in Limerick back in August, it's been rescheduled to December. Doubt it will go ahead either, but they're definitely intending to get here asap it would seem. Whenever that may be now is anybody's guess.

Yeah I was booked for the Dub gig.

Are these lads ever going to show any signs of slowing down.

Quote from: OpenSores on September 06, 2020, 09:54:34 PM
Loving what I've heard thus far, just watching the video of "A Bellyful of Salt and Spleen" reminded of Bryan Ferry with Barney's antics.
The day Bryan Ferry lost his mind.

Brilliant album...Again!  They never let you down.

Quote from: Bowelrodent on September 19, 2020, 07:42:03 PM
Quote from: OpenSores on September 06, 2020, 09:54:34 PM
The day Bryan Ferry lost his mind.  ;D

Brilliant album...Again!  They never let you down.

It just gets better after each listen Contagion is so catchy, well impressed with the whole album!

Quote from: Nazgûl on September 19, 2020, 10:48:33 AM
Are these lads ever going to show any signs of slowing down.

How the fuck do they keep up with this consistency? This is absolutely great and I honestly can't remember the last album of theirs I didn't describe as such.

I remember reading a review of Enemy of the Music Business when it came out and it was along the lines of "these guys have no right putting out an album this good so far into their career". That was over 20 years ago now.

Also great to see Mitch Harris involved again.

Yep, thee go to band for consistently high quality for a long time now. Just been through this once online, lots of eyebrow raising moments initially (in a good way), seems like they've added a bit of off kilter spice to what was already a potent mix this time round, this will have a nice run now at the top of the year end list when I get hold of it. 
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes