If ever anyone could be interested. The demo will be released for the first time on vinyl. Here is the new artwork:

Messe Noire Productions along with Urtod Void Records (both in Germany). High Roller Records will also have a special version sold only by them.

#18 June 05, 2024, 12:06:55 PM Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 12:18:50 PM by Eoin McLove
https://youtu.be/3tKDfqcE4mw?si=_5_r9xu6jLPp1Coi

A single from the forthcoming album is up now. It's grand. Might need a few spins to sink in properly. I still think that Felipe lacks the range to front Scald. Perhaps it's an impossible task for any singer to compete with Agyl, considering the mystique around him and his death. I wonder might it have been more appropriate and more exciting if they had found an obscure Russian singer to fill the void... Still though, I reckon Deathmaster from Doomsword would have made a stronger replacement in terms of range and melodic prowess. Sherlukkit... I'll buy the album when it's out and see if it works.

Edit. I'm a broken record haha.

In fairness to Felipe, his voice works really well in Procession. I had To Reap the Heavens Apart on in the past couple of weeks for the first time in yonks and it was great.

Didn't know there was a new album!   Will be getting this.  Might be my first vinyl purchase in a while.   

It is grand. Agree with Andy on all counts there though. Procession are a great group but Felipe's vocals, while not bad, are audibly the band's ceiling rather than the element that makes them soar, and he's brought that over to Scald where that upper limit becomes all the more evident in light of Agyl's legacy.