Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 08, 2020, 10:25:02 PM
Whether you feel it's poetic justice or not, what kind of a society do you want to live in? Where you and Dr Chomsky and the anarchists just smash up symbols you dislike?

I'm not going to defend the slave trade, it's indefensible . Maybe the statue should come down, but via agreement, not by a bunch of rabid 'protesters' valuing, as Dr Peterson puts it, instinct over reason.

Ya, Pratel came out and said it's not the place of thugs to pull these symbols down, and she's right. But it is a powerful symbol. I also think these statues and reminders of a possibly shameful past shouldn't be destroyed either. They should be museum pieces. It probably looks like I want my cake and eat it too...

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 08, 2020, 10:31:24 PM
White muppets prostrating themselves in front of BLM activists to absolve them of their white guilt. I fucking cringe. I really do. Who, black or white or from the dark side of the moon, finds any sort of nobility or credibility in this kind of meaningless- truly truly meaningless- virtue signalling? I can't buy into this fake white guilt horse shite on any level, and neither should anyone else. It's just a form of twisted narcissism and does nothing but undermine real concerns. The farce of it is so utterly embarrassing.

Exactly. Like I said I don't feel like I have anything to be ashamed or guilty about so I don't feel the need to do any of this stuff. What the fuck is a protest in Ireland going to do anyhow?!

Got in before me with the Leo. Ah well..

Surely the time has come for the ceremonial taking of yokes to end all future disagreements between everyone?

It's no wonder the taking of yokes is illegal, as if it was given to the world leaders at every meeting or summit it would sort too many things out too quickly and it would fuck up the whole system of exploiting people for money, (which isn't even real in itself as it happens) and we can all be assured that the whole lot of this shite has money at the root of it just like everything else does. Why is money the root of it all? Because money gives power to those who can attain it, (money) and since the beginning of known time some cunt has always wanted power. We are all pretty much pawns in the dirty game of Follow-The-Money. Actually no we aren't because pawns are actually useful in chess and we are all powerless to have any influence over even the smallest part of The Game.

I got a warning that I missed 10 replies in the meantime. You wouldn't get that in a Metallica thread......

Vandalising a Churchill statue while living in the UK was pretty lame. I've said this to an Irish lad living in London who hates Brits before (a few of you at least know him). If you hate it that much then leave. 

White muppets prostrating themselves in front of BLM activists to absolve them of their white guilt. I fucking cringe. I really do. Who, black or white or from the dark side of the moon, finds any sort of nobility or credibility in this kind of meaningless- truly truly meaningless- virtue signalling? I can't buy into this fake white guilt horse shite on any level, and neither should anyone else. It's just a form of twisted narcissism and does nothing but undermine real concerns. The farce of it is so utterly embarrassing.

This

Quote from: Pedrito on June 08, 2020, 10:39:12 PM

This

Does the black crowd appreciate the solidarity or do they think, what are these fuckin idiots doing here?

This

Put more succinctly than I could do, but yeah to this.

Take the proverbial yoke for all sides.

This

Aw man, if you cringed at the prostrating, this is going to have you shrivel up til you're nothing but a pile of limp foreskin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3dRYlEwkY0

I think they feel like the Muslims watching feminists march around in hijabs out of solidarity. They couldn't possibly take it seriously, arse lick virtue signalling, and it's absolutely nauseating.

Weakness invites aggression, and unless there is a very heavy response to this, it'll just get worse. I've seen so many videos of extreme violence, looting, etc. Where the fuck is the tear gas?

Thanks Shepherd.  A part of me died watching that.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 08, 2020, 10:49:16 PM

This

Aw man, if you cringed at the prostrating, this is going to have you shrivel up til you're nothing but a pile of limp foreskin:

Where's the napalm when you need it.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 08, 2020, 10:49:59 PM
I've seen so many videos of extreme violence, looting, etc. Where the fuck is the tear gas?

Summing up the videos coming from the liberals and the conservatives, the tear gas and brute force is being used on the peaceful protestors while the violent opportunists are free to run riot terrorizing the neighbourhoods. There's little to no narrative in between, so...

This

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And we wonder how David Koresh and Scientology can take root in that country? Absolute lunatics. I'm shrivelling like a pile of post op transgender foreskins.

Quote from: Pedrito on June 08, 2020, 10:55:30 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And we wonder how David Koresh and Scientology can take root in that country? Absolute lunatics. I'm shrivelling like a pile of post op transgender foreskins.

Haha, yeah, I was thinking of Jonestown and Koresh too while watching it!

This

I saw that earlier. The Scottish Covenanters from the 17th century come to mind. Kneel at the altar of the true faith!

Doubt they'd have had much time for the black lads, mind you.