Sure that happens every time, it's absolutely inevitable. The trick is to avoid instigating riots by having a properly trained police force!

And a media not drumming up hysteria.

The boiling point had been reached, I don't think the media added that much to it:

Statistics showing black population disproportionately hit by COVID-19.
Ahmaud Arbery murder video.
Amy Cooper video, in which she leans on the presumption that police will beat down heavy on an African-American.
George Floyd murder video.

I don't think anything could have stopped things exploding after that last straw, even if the media had done their damndest to try calm things down. Social media would have taken care of that, if nothing else.

So the coronavirus is racist? I don't understand why that would lead to people looting shops.

Nonsense.

I believe you said once that it's easy to gauge someone's political leanings based on the battles they fight...

*sigh*
No, COVID-19 disproportionately hit the black community in the same way and for the same reasons that it disproportionately hit the working classes in Spanish and Italian cities: because certain environmental conditions of where one lives (pollution, etc.) and how one lives make one more prone to the co-morbidities leading to death.

I assume "black people disproportionately hit by corona" means that the black population has less protection from it in terms of being able to duck out of their low paying jobs, the quality of their housing, the cost and quality of healthcare available to them, etc.

I'm not one bit surprised at what's happening in the US. It's a completely broken country. Modern day wage slavery is alive and well there. Can't go to work? No healthcare for you... not that if really matters because you'll never pay off that lifetime of medical debt even if you're struggling through your three minimum wage jobs. I was reading a thing about living in San Fran... If you're eating less than $80k a year you're a peasant.

Don't forget how the place doesn't have protection for workers, paid maternity leave. Typical work holidays in the US is 10 days per year.

Affordable education? That's a good joke too.

Their mental health system is broken but there's also more guns in circulation than actual people. I mean, what could go wrong there? Just gonna pop out to the shop, better not forget mg Glock incase some dude tries to rob some bread for the family and it all kicks off.

It's like the place is rigged to implode on itself, which is what is happening.

#96 May 31, 2020, 05:27:24 PM Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 05:31:54 PM by Caomhaoin
Driving through the 'working class' districts of Madrid, I've seen far more people outside when they aren't supposed to be. Therefore these areas have higher rates of contagion, not because of the air quality or anything else. I've seen it, it's facepalm stuff. Masks in Vallecas? Ha, yeah right.

Blacks have a higher rate of underlying health conditions, but if you are reading the Guardian or BBC, that'll be nicely glossed over.

It's all by the by in any case, as you are trying to justify outrageous, criminal behaviour. Opportunism has as much to do with it as anything else you've mentioned.

Yeah it's no excuse. It's a narrative that has been sold to death now. Yes, there are bad cops, but they have to work in extremely violent areas, under crazy antagonism. That's no excuse either, but the reaction is disproportionate and childlike. The law should be able to absorb these types of incidents as opposed to a free for all that doesn't distinguish. The cop should be made an example of and will be. As for coronavirus..well we have no way of knowing if there's some genetic predisposition to it. I don't see Spanish people burning down their cities as a result. Lots of excuses for wanton violence, looting and acting the absolute cunt under the guise of protest.

Quote from: Ducky on May 31, 2020, 05:24:48 PM
I assume "black people disproportionately hit by corona" means that the black population has less protection from it in terms of being able to duck out of their low paying jobs, the quality of their housing, the cost and quality of healthcare available to them, etc.

I'm not one bit surprised at what's happening in the US. It's a completely broken country. Modern day wage slavery is alive and well there. Can't go to work? No healthcare for you... not that if really matters because you'll never pay off that lifetime of medical debt even if you're struggling through your three minimum wage jobs. I was reading a thing about living in San Fran... If you're eating less than $80k a year you're a peasant.

Don't forget how the place doesn't have protection for workers, paid maternity leave. Typical work holidays in the US is 10 days per year.

Affordable education? That's a good joke too.

Their mental health system is broken but there's also more guns in circulation than actual people. I mean, what could go wrong there? Just gonna pop out to the shop, better not forget mg Glock incase some dude tries to rob some bread for the family and it all kicks off.

It's like the place is rigged to implode on itself, which is what is happening.

A lot of that is absolutely true. I thought myself an unshakeable righty for most of my life, but Howard Zinn has been giving me food for thought lately.

But this bullshit? Nah. There is no conceivable argument in its favour that I'd give the time of day to.

I think they should protest the outrageous killing of Floyd. The whole world saw it.

But, where are the protests for the 3,000(almost exclusively black on black) shootings in Chicago? Boycott Saudi Arabia, protest the cunts over their treatment of women instead of wearing pussy hats and screeching over a dumb comment Don made 12 years ago. Never going to happen, because it's cultural Marxism that's the goal, not addressing injustice.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 31, 2020, 05:38:54 PM
But, where are the protests for the 3,000(almost exclusively black on black) shootings in Chicago? Boycott Saudi Arabia, protest the cunts over their treatment of women instead of wearing pussy hats and screeching over a dumb comment Don made 12 years ago. Never going to happen, because it's cultural Marxism that's the goal, not addressing injustice.

Chicago: There was one in 2018, another in 2019.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/07/us/chicago-gun-violence-protest/index.html
Saudi Arabia: What do you suggest the average person do to boycott them? Stop driving??
"Cultural Marxism": *sigh*

#100 May 31, 2020, 06:08:25 PM Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 06:10:04 PM by Caomhaoin
Hundreds of protesters there, nothing compared to the tens of thousands out causing mayhem. It's CNN so it's about as trustworthy as Pedrito after '15 pint Sunday', but point taken.

But the rest, the smug sighs and 'uh, what should they do, uh driving'? Do you know how women are treated there and across the Muslim world? And somehow there is an alliance between feminists and Islam in the US now!! How much more cultural Marxism do you need?

For fuck sake! Bring back Leather Mike!!

You're the living end man. "Where were the protests?" "Here." "I need bigger protests! Anyway, it's CNN, probably didn't happen!"

Here, fucking Breitbart covered it too, saying there were "thousands". Is that okay for you? Will you accept it happened now??
https://www.breitbart.com/news/gun-violence-protesters-partially-shut-chicago-expressway/

Jaysus.

I said 'point taken' and I questioned the veracity if anything CNN say, as millions do. The rest is your imagination. So, point taken? What do you want me to do, paint myself purple and dance naked on a table and say 'POINT TAKEN', lockdown paunch and all?

There are several other of my points you haven't refuted. Come ahead. There are at least 20 people reloading this thread per minute!

Jaysis this could boil over.

It'd be amazing if LM came back as Velvet Nick, coming in to bat for his dear Kilkenny friend, and defend his honour against Mr. University Smart Cunt 🤣

I like Chris, so it'll only boil over if he starts that shit about 'Rust in Peace' again.