Some of the Russian disinfo stuff is undoubtedly true though. That's half of the double bind.

Like throw enough shit at the wall and see if any sticks? Same as Trump with the immigrants but it's the Democrats with the Russian disinformation.... an odd thing is bound to be true.

I'll bet those noble yanks would never interfere in anyone else's governmental systems so it's little wonder they'd be so upset about the possibility of another country trying it with them.

I'm pretty sure we even had the Russian shit mentioned here around the referendum  or maybe the local elections. Getting very much like when the boy cried wolf with that whole notion.

Every now and again the odd Trump thing makes me laugh but at the same time the whole thing is fucked really when I take just a cold look at the whole thing, trump and Harris and all that comes with that shit in terms of a divided western hemisphere since about 2012 and it's painful really

Anyway

20241022_231627.jpg

Only tangentially related but mostly down to the interfering with foreign affairs bit: https://youtu.be/GnQMuS87gLw?si=djVwDXSwDvgxSEgg
Might be of interest to some of ye.

Summarised, eBay execs asked their head of security to harass a blogs writers, e-commerce bytes.  After a fairly odd and heavy handed situation, it went to court, and the man involved at one point told the judge he shouldn't be tried for it because he was actually ex CIA.  After leaving them he was hired as (in his own words) a contracted private clandestine agent by the CIA again and advised to get jobs in tech firms to spy on international activities and report back to the government.  And as nuts as that sounds it turns out to be true, and some arm of the US state ended up getting involved in the case and redacting tons of his statements for "national security reasons".  The first US civil case where it happened apparently.  Worth a watch anyway the whole thing is interesting in various ways.

#3769 October 23, 2024, 01:25:22 PM Last Edit: October 23, 2024, 01:33:11 PM by Ducky
Quote from: astfgyl on October 20, 2024, 12:47:23 PM
Quote from: Ducky on October 20, 2024, 12:03:34 AM
Quote from: astfgyl on October 19, 2024, 08:31:37 PMAll available evidence points to CO2 not being the apocalypse, but the shit that the terror about it is used to justify will be another rotten wealth transfer. In fact I'm sure it will lead to digital ID like everything else will.

No, CO2 will green the planet if we stop getting rid of trees at the same time. Yes it looks likely that it contributes to atmospheric warming but we as a species could be looking to adapt instead of terrorising ourselves with it, especially in light of the fact that our attempts are experimental and very likely to make no difference to the planet but a massive difference to our quality of life on it.

Let's just say we were good as gold and then this https://www.carbonbrief.org/tonga-volcano-eruption-raises-imminent-risk-of-temporary-1-5c-breach/ happens, rendering our efforts pointless while China uses coal to power air conditioning for half a billion people and the fuckin eejits in Europe are bollixing on with the same oul paper fork shit and hardly a rex to their name but the place still isn't getting colder or staying at the imaginary optimum.

There's also a mad idea floating around that there's an absolute optimum amount of Co2 or optimum temperature for the earth, even with all the known variables, such as the amount of it that's absorbed by green cover. Well do we think that the earth has ever reached that equilibrium before, and if we do then why the fuck didn't it stay that way? Because it can't but yet here's the fuckin humans thinking they can get there. Lord above. Am I to assume that the absolute optimum was reached right before the industrial revolution and we ruined it by burning things? Ah the whole thing withers me

All anyone has to do is forget the fuckin scientific consensus for a minute and look at the thing as it is and the evidence available and if they are anything like me they will see it's another bullshit game but lots of people are being paid well by pushing it.

The "anything like me" bit got me, so I have to ask - what are your scientific credentials, exactly?

Please, not the credentialism. It's an extremely weak position.

So you're cool if your surgery is performed by Dr. Nick? Because if not, then you're fine with credentials when it suits your narrative.

#3770 October 23, 2024, 03:33:39 PM Last Edit: October 23, 2024, 04:16:00 PM by Kunt 4 Life
Ok, 2 weeks to go, who you think is taking it? And will it be close or a landslide?

Very hard to call. Depending on which commentators you listen to, either one or the other is surging ahead.

I'd rather Trump if for no other reason than the entire media industrial complex and pals have thrown everything at the cunt, he's been shot at, they've tried giving him the jail and he's just laughing in their faces. Tulsi Gabbard or RFK would be far better, but this lemon Harris, what is the point of her, other than she's not DT?

Obama coming out with some pure bullshit there about the pandemic, if his 'tha brothaz' cringefest last week wasn't bad enough.

Quote from: Ducky on October 23, 2024, 01:25:22 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on October 20, 2024, 12:47:23 PM
Quote from: Ducky on October 20, 2024, 12:03:34 AM
Quote from: astfgyl on October 19, 2024, 08:31:37 PMAll available evidence points to CO2 not being the apocalypse, but the shit that the terror about it is used to justify will be another rotten wealth transfer. In fact I'm sure it will lead to digital ID like everything else will.

No, CO2 will green the planet if we stop getting rid of trees at the same time. Yes it looks likely that it contributes to atmospheric warming but we as a species could be looking to adapt instead of terrorising ourselves with it, especially in light of the fact that our attempts are experimental and very likely to make no difference to the planet but a massive difference to our quality of life on it.

Let's just say we were good as gold and then this https://www.carbonbrief.org/tonga-volcano-eruption-raises-imminent-risk-of-temporary-1-5c-breach/ happens, rendering our efforts pointless while China uses coal to power air conditioning for half a billion people and the fuckin eejits in Europe are bollixing on with the same oul paper fork shit and hardly a rex to their name but the place still isn't getting colder or staying at the imaginary optimum.

There's also a mad idea floating around that there's an absolute optimum amount of Co2 or optimum temperature for the earth, even with all the known variables, such as the amount of it that's absorbed by green cover. Well do we think that the earth has ever reached that equilibrium before, and if we do then why the fuck didn't it stay that way? Because it can't but yet here's the fuckin humans thinking they can get there. Lord above. Am I to assume that the absolute optimum was reached right before the industrial revolution and we ruined it by burning things? Ah the whole thing withers me

All anyone has to do is forget the fuckin scientific consensus for a minute and look at the thing as it is and the evidence available and if they are anything like me they will see it's another bullshit game but lots of people are being paid well by pushing it.

The "anything like me" bit got me, so I have to ask - what are your scientific credentials, exactly?

Please, not the credentialism. It's an extremely weak position.

So you're cool if your surgery is performed by Dr. Nick? Because if not, then you're fine with credentials when it suits your narrative.

There's plenty of lads with qualifications who will do a rotten job. Qualifications do not make one right, just that there's more chance one will be right.

You find me an expert with an expert opinion and I'll find you one saying the opposite so the appeal to authority is still as weak as I said it was

You can teach people things, but what they do with those things is unpredictable.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on October 23, 2024, 05:05:41 PMVery hard to call. Depending on which commentators you listen to, either one or the other is surging ahead.

I'd rather Trump if for no other reason than the entire media industrial complex and pals have thrown everything at the cunt, he's been shot at, they've tried giving him the jail and he's just laughing in their faces. Tulsi Gabbard or RFK would be far better, but this lemon Harris, what is the point of her, other than she's not DT?

Obama coming out with some pure bullshit there about the pandemic, if his 'tha brothaz' cringefest last week wasn't bad enough.

20241023_175707.jpg

Quote from: Caomhaoin on October 23, 2024, 05:05:41 PMObama coming out with some pure bullshit there about the pandemic, if his 'tha brothaz' cringefest last week wasn't bad enough.

You must have missed him rapping last night when Deep State Shady was endorsing Harris  :laugh:

Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on October 23, 2024, 03:33:39 PMOk, 2 weeks to go, who you think is taking it? And will it be close or a landslide?

Oh it'll be close. And it'll all come down to pennsylvania with its 19 electoral votes. Toss of a coin at present. Not there's high early turnout in the states where early voting is in play. Higher turnout is always better for Democrats.

I've asked a few trump supporters why they are voting for him. Own the libs is mainly the answer. Which is ridiculous, but hey. Hope Harris gets in. Not cause of any love for the Democrats. I just don't want another 4 years of that fukcing amadan in the news every day.

#3777 October 23, 2024, 06:49:49 PM Last Edit: October 23, 2024, 08:12:38 PM by Ollkiller
Double post

I know that post is tongue-in-cheek, but all this celebrity endorsement shit, whether it is these dippit cunts or Hulk Hogan, just go away ye saps.