#3255 May 31, 2024, 12:07:12 PM Last Edit: May 31, 2024, 12:11:46 PM by Caomhaoin
He won't be anywhere near a jail cell, and the non-stop campaign against him by his political enemies is having the exact opposite of the desired effect.

'Existential threat to our democratic institutions' and all the rest of the bullshit, it won't change a single trump voters mind and is likely to create new ones.

#3256 May 31, 2024, 01:06:37 PM Last Edit: May 31, 2024, 01:12:32 PM by leatherface
Speaking impartially, the campaign against him is very obvious as being just that. While I am aware of the historical nature of the verdict it will have no effect on his career whatsoever.

So the entrenched republicans and Democrats vote for their side. It's the floating independents that nearly always have a deciding factor on the election over there. Will the ould Donald having a criminal record sway them. We'll see I'm November I suppose.

Thing about the last election was. If he had toned down the rhetoric a bit and appealed to women voters he would have got in. But he's a fucking clem so didn't. Will he learn this time around. I highly doubt it.

I honestly don't think trump will be elected again whatever happens but seeing as the thread was big tech vs trump, it's really interesting to see the hunter Biden laptop story surfacing again. Remember that was Russian disinformation or some shit at the time? Now I don't think that Biden's son being a bit of a legend should make any difference to what Biden does tbf, but that one was very buried at the time in case it did. Now imagine that was one of the Trump lads, it would have a markedly different response to the extent that people would have heard of it at least.

Instead we had hunter Biden knocking around ireland shaking hands and being celebrated, but for all the wrong reasons altogether because nobody in this country reported on it at all.

I'd have asked him for a rock of crack at the very least

Quote from: astfgyl on June 06, 2024, 06:26:24 PMI honestly don't think trump will be elected again whatever happens but seeing as the thread was big tech vs trump, it's really interesting to see the hunter Biden laptop story surfacing again. Remember that was Russian disinformation or some shit at the time? Now I don't think that Biden's son being a bit of a legend should make any difference to what Biden does tbf, but that one was very buried at the time in case it did. Now imagine that was one of the Trump lads, it would have a markedly different response to the extent that people would have heard of it at least.

Instead we had hunter Biden knocking around ireland shaking hands and being celebrated, but for all the wrong reasons altogether because nobody in this country reported on it at all.

I'd have asked him for a rock of crack at the very least

Himself and Trumps son would go on some sesh I'd say.

If I had to pick one, I reckon hunter would be better craic but I'd go on it with them anyway

So, Assange freed. Didn't see that coming.

No neither did I tbh. Wonder what's the catch

There was some kind of plea deal but I haven't looked up any of the details beyond that.

To be sentenced tomorrow. Probably house arrest.

Have only seen the bare details that he'll plead guilty to something in Saipan and then time served sees him released back to Australia. Maybe it's as simple as that but it certainly seems to have come out of the blue

Looks like the pendulum is swinging towards Trump with even CNN calling out Biden for telling lies after the debate. Word around the campfire is that old Joe is being teed up for replacement and the carry on over that debate seems to make that believable. I'm actually no fan of Trump whatsoever other than the comedy elements but I just couldn't see how even the most fervent would see Biden as anything other than a puppet for whoever really runs the show. I also think Trump is a mere puppet but just a smidgen less obvious is all. The memes are fun briefly at least. Voters in America must feel as bad as I did when I looked at the Irish ballot hoping for something engaging. Yknow something in between the old guard and crazy loon shit but it just wasn't there

CNN called them both out for lies, item by item. Didn't watch the whole debate, but what I saw was absolutely pitiful. The UK and the US are in such embarrassing shape at the moment. Like here in France we're facing the possibility of a far right (as determined by an official state body) government, but at least there is real opposition and the debates are fire. Small consolation, but still.

Fuck me, look at the state of Sleepy Joe. They're just handing the keys to trump.
Has trump announced his VP?

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 28, 2024, 12:09:35 PMCNN called them both out for lies, item by item. Didn't watch the whole debate, but what I saw was absolutely pitiful. The UK and the US are in such embarrassing shape at the moment. Like here in France we're facing the possibility of a far right (as determined by an official state body) government, but at least there is real opposition and the debates are fire. Small consolation, but still.

Yeah absolutely. I have been taking the odd cursory glance at the French situation and it does seem a bit more that the right have something to offer at the least but it's still a load of pot and kettle shit at the end of the day. There isn't really a left or right option when either side is still going to be in the wef and implement the same policies from two different angles, is there?