The Works ,theres a blast from the past,spent a few nights in a heap in that place.

Fantastic, Stout! Pure poetry.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on May 22, 2020, 10:53:05 AM
Cheers lads. Glad that my fuckwittery from 20 years ago has some sort of value.

The more observant among you will note that I said 4 parts and mentioned my birthday. I condensed it it to 3 because it was getting a bit long.

I'll throw up my 21st birthday horrorshow later.

Side note: I was thinking about this earlier. We are creating our own MCU - Monged Clown Universe - here. There will come a point when stories will cross-over  and the scuttered Avengers will assemble.

at the time, I hated my equivalent experiences, or being around similar goings on, but the passage of time makes the late 90s stuff seem like a whole other universe, sadly missed.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on May 20, 2020, 02:41:48 PM
Quote from: Snare on May 20, 2020, 12:24:41 PM
How many parts are in this excellent adventure?? You shouldbe writing novels lad 👍

I think 4 parts. I don't want to be boring people or making my drunken stupidity a chore to read by having them too long.

you don't hear much about cordials anymore; the late 90sness of your stories is amazing man, Im loving catching up on all the madness

Agreed, and it makes my drunken exploits seem all the tamer by comparison, so there's that.

my memories of that time period are of standing around various Dublin rock venues, being bored/miserable. I would give ANYTHING to be back then again knowing even 1% of what I now know about life.

snakebite if blackcurrant, cinnamon aftershock, nu-rocks, COF tshirts, 'homely' girls, Du Hast, oh look- some cunt's put jukebox-Davidian on 3 times in a row, can I have a look at your copy of Bizarre?

Aftershock, Jaysus. Great stuff in my teens.

Just read the 21st story. Wow. 😂🤘🤣

Phuck me Stout  :laugh:
Glad I saved part 2 for this evening. After having a couple of Guinness and whiskies...  :laugh:

Class. Class. Class. Felt like I was there with you man. Hahaha....

:laugh: :laugh: Thanks a million for taking the time to share the 21st and morning after lunacy!

Re the bouncers killing "someone" around that time, that wasn't bouncers simply being overly enthusiastic. That "someone" was well known for his violent tendencies and attacked the bouncers simply because they wouldn't let him in after being on an all day bender.

The CCTV footage is fair shocking the way he wound up and smacked the bouncer. They had a struggle to restrain him and he got a crushed windpipe for his going out of his way to cause trouble.

I remember a while after that the manageress in Hillbillies on Grand Parade was expressing her happiness at it one busy night in front of a line of customers. I called her out on it (quietly at the side after I collected my order!), saying it was still someone's son/brother etc locally that she was talking about in public. She was having none of it, calling out after me that he had it coming for a long time, still delighted, etc.  Found that hard to believe the way someone could carry on in work like that. Lucky she wasn't heard by his buddy who went to attack the club owners afterwards!

Re The Spice Route, we gave up on that place around then! Buddy's a celiac so gets a burger then takes it out of the bun. One night in there they handed him a fresh styrofoam burger box. Grand job, down to the table to tuck it. Does his usual to dispose of the bun, then discovers two large bite chucks already taken out of the burger!!Goes back up to report it, they didn't bat an eye and gave him a replacement. We reckon they clean off tables and restock it for drunks coming out of clubs!!

Hillbillies! I used to DJ in the wolfhound of a Thursday and get abused by Leo and Noel for playing 'Brian Cody Metal' and if I actually played a song they liked...'fanny! Crowd pleaser!' Those chicken burgers took the pain n away :)

I had coffee with my kid brother over the weekend. I reminded him about my 21st.

He said that Maxer hasn't changed in all that time. They were at another of their friend's wedding just before last Christmas. Maxer was at a table of about 16 people.

During the best man's speech he was leaning back in his chair to get a better look. He couldn't hear the guy very well so he roared "Speak up, ya fool!".

Unfortunately the shout took quite a bit out of the already steamed Maxer and the chair went from under him. He tried to steady himself by grabbing the table but only managed the tablecloth and ended up hitting the deck and pulling a whole table's worth of drink down on top of himself. He roared laughing as the alcoholic waterfall flowed over him. People started tsk-ing and tutting.

"FUCK THE LOT OF YE! I'da been grand if that guzzy eyed dickhead had spoken up a bit."

He was eventually tossed out of the afters for stealing peoples drink, at a free drinks reception...

I asked my brother if he got turfed out of the hotel or what.

"No, he wasn't staying there. He tows a small little caravan around with him when he goes to weddings and sleeps in that. Next morning he was in the car park of the country house cooking sausages on a gas stove sitting in his jocks, shirt and tie".

I might invite that fella to my wedding. Give folk something to talk about after.

Quote from: Emphyrio on July 08, 2020, 02:15:21 PM
I might invite that fella to my wedding. Give folk something to talk about after.

Can I come too?

Ah lads. It's good to be back! Pissing myself here catching up on all the stories.  :laugh: