Quote from: Trev on March 21, 2020, 11:51:28 AM
No, I meant Devin has put out two songs already and says he'll be releasing more in the next few weeks, and starting livestreams and podcasts

Oh thought I'd used him as an example in my comment about what is a good way to go about it, clearly forgot that bit  ::)

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 21, 2020, 12:03:03 PM
Quote from: blessed1 on March 21, 2020, 09:40:33 AM
Luca turilis rhapsody got massive backlash for starting one!

Being Italian, not so surprising.

Their excuse was they didn't realise how bad the situation was back home ha.
I would have though they would be fairly well off money wise.

I was working on that Anathema tour as merch seller.
The tour being pulled was a financial disaster, as I'm sure is no surprise to anyone.
Any bands who got cancelled before setting off were slightly luckier...being able to cancel their bus, no crew wages even for travel days (usually 50% of a working day's rate).
We were in Bilbao on Tuesday 10 March and heard the Vienna and Madrid shows were pulled and at that point I just knew once it started everybody would follow.
Madrid was already sold out - 1,100 tickets. Zurich was on around 1,400 tickets. Budapest about 1,000. So that made it sting even more.
So in Lisbon the next day word came down that we were going home the next day.......and I know that booking all the last minute flights with baggage/instruments to check in came to around €4,000. And cos the German shows were not pulled, the bus had to park up and wait for word on whether it was to be held for Germany or sent back.
That was another two days at around €1,500 a day for the bus.
Disaster. For everyone!
And regarding insurance, I asked the tour manager about this and he said there was no entitlement for insurance companies in a case like this. Falls under Force Majeure

Doro's going to pay?

It's a real shitshow, this will be the breaking of more than a few bands who can't afford to take a hit like this.

Anathema asking for money for nothing reeks of desperation. If you're that stuck, get a day job for a year and go back to music when all of this dies down.

Quote from: Killchain on March 31, 2020, 04:12:10 PM
Anathema asking for money for nothing reeks of desperation. If you're that stuck, get a day job for a year and go back to music when all of this dies down.
Yeah, like they'll have absolutely loads of jobs to choose from after this pandemic blows over.
Musicians by and large make almost nothing or sometimes a loss on their recorded output.
Touring will bring in some revenue but even then you'll have some bands literally begging you to buy merch because ticket sales alone just about cover the cost of the tour itself.
I'm not sure if Anathema have done any video casts or released anything like Devin Townsend has done during this but I would like to think they have done something to say thank you for the no doubt much needed funds.
:abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath:

Quote from: Killchain on March 31, 2020, 04:12:10 PM

loads of jobs out there at the moment alright...ffsakes

Just looking at the anathema one
65min podcast on 23rd
71 min podcast on 30th
And for some reason they are releasing a video of a performance with Hawkings of a pink floyd song back in 2016.. but not until the 2nd of April.

Unless I

I see Anathema are going to try kick off the tour again in september which seems a bit risky to me as nobody knows if things will be back to normal by then.