Well thank fuck for that. At least now the final will be watchable, I couldn't sit through 4 sessions of Selby on the table. Should be a good one.

Anyone see any cue action going spare?  :laugh: What a fucking day of snooker that was. Mcgill V Wilson final frame was nuts. I was on the edge of my seat just watching that.

On another note, Ronnie is being excessively cuntish this week. I enjoy watching him play of course, but I'll be cheering for Wilson. Simply because it would be great to see him beat by a younger player after saying all the youngsters are shite.

Quote from: Scáthach on August 14, 2020, 11:55:39 PM
Anyone see any cue action going spare?  :laugh: What a fucking day of snooker that was. Mcgill V Wilson final frame was nuts. I was on the edge of my seat just watching that.

On another note, Ronnie is being excessively cuntish this week. I enjoy watching him play of course, but I'll be cheering for Wilson. Simply because it would be great to see him beat by a younger player after saying all the youngsters are shite.

Agree with all of this, serious tension in the Wilson McGill match, what I saw of it anyway. Ronnie really being an arrogant prick in interviews alright. Still glad it's those two in the final, the other two were completely dull and I probably wouldn't have bothered if either had made it through. Definitely not if they both did.

I love Ronnie O'Sullivan. I do. And I can also totally appreciate how if you're mad into snooker and don't like him, having such a singular personality dominating your interest must grate. Anyone who doesn't think he's living the gimmick at this point is fucking lost, though. Selby calling him out in that post match for showing disrespect by lashing into the pack - thereby interrupting Selbyball at all costs - was similarly lost.

That being said I wouldn't mind at all if he gets thumped in the final, just to draw narrative from that interview he gave a few nights back.

Sadly my prediction / hope is going down the shitter. We could be looking at a one frame final session tonight. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti Rocket, in form, he is amazing to watch. Maybe even the best ever, I just would have liked to see him eat some humble pie.

Unfortunately, Kyren just can't keep up with him. It looks like both his cue ball control and snooker brain aren't up to the job. He seems to keep losing position by small degrees on every shot, which eventually leaves him compromised and under pressure. It's a shame really, I was hoping for at least a closer run final, but it feels a little like an anticlimax. Last day of semi finals was proper fucking thrilling though. They can't all be zingers.

Was that it? Ah feck. Fair play to him I suppose, but I'd have preferred to see someone new win it, especially after Ronnie's comments during the week. Still, the best is the best.

He has lost finals playing a lot better. I did not like his comments towards the younger players, but I am glad  he won so he could go equal with Reardon and Davis. With his talent he should be out on his
own with  World Championship titles. I hope he get to 7 titles alongside Hendry, but i don't think he'll have a final as easy that again.

Quote from: Cailleach on August 19, 2020, 07:47:13 PM
He has lost finals playing a lot better. I did not like his comments towards the younger players, but I am glad  he won so he could go equal with Reardon and Davis. With his talent he should be out on his
own with  World Championship titles. I hope he get to 7 titles alongside Hendry, but i don't think he'll have a final as easy that again.
Yeah Id like to see him tie Hendry's record who was a brilliant player his day.

By the way how come Joe Davis's championship records are not taken into account and Hendrys  are,didnt he have 10 world championships or something like that ?

#83 August 19, 2020, 08:57:05 PM Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 09:01:20 PM by Carnage
They frequently refer to 'the modern game' or 'the modern era', so I can only assume that there was a significant change to the rules along the way. Probably to accomodate the televising of tournaments.

What annoys me more is the constant reference to Doherty as 'the first overseas player' to win it. After Thorburn, Higgins, Taylor and some Australian chap who won it in the fifties, he's the fifth.

Quote from: Carnage on August 19, 2020, 08:57:05 PM
They frequently refer to 'the modern game' or 'the modern era', so I can only assume that there was a significant change to the rules along the way. Probably to accomodate the televising of tournaments.

What annoys me more is the constant reference to Doherty as 'the first overseas player' to win it. After Thorburn, Higgins, Taylor and some Australian chap who won it in the fifties, he's the fifth.
I see.
If your referring to Robertson I think KD won it before him.

Horace Lindrum, won it in 1952.

For those interested in a bit of a nostalgia trip Jimmy White takes on Ken Doherty in the final of the World Seniors tonight. It's live on the BBC Sport website from 7pm.

Ah i missed it. Good to see he  beat Hendry on his way to retaining the Senior's title.

It was an entertaining match. Ken lead 4-0 then Jimmy won 5 frames in a row to take the title.

It means he's now qualified for the Champion of Champions tournament later in the year. Not that I'm expecting him to do much damage in that but still good to see him at the table.

There is the 1991 junior worlds match between John Higgins and Mark Williams on YouTube, Higgins then cheeky laddie fae glesga and Williams the quiet, shy boy in the interviews, the opposite of what you'd have expected.