I absolutely love this album.
Easily some of their finest moments, for me anyway!
And like was already said, I wouldn't be into the sorta stuff (for example: Jester Race) that this was heavily compared to...yet this just has a very special something.
In conversation with one if the Stockholm heads about 10 - 12 years ago (they would get very irate at anything they saw as anything other than praise of Dissection) I mentioned that I loved the album (thumbs up) but that it did have that G-berg sound and was eff'd and blinded  from Tallaght to Tallinn.......I had to point out in exaggerated syllables that I LOVE THE AL-BUM.
So, I was immediately floored by it (having been big into  Mammy Caddy too) but have never seen an album of its standing (being relatively top 40 for its scene and with the huge, huge weight of expectation) so roundly poo'd upon when the reviews hit.
They were generally awful.
Of course much of that was due to the style change...either for what it had gone towards or simply because of what it was not, regardless of what it was.
A LOT of folk have come around since but it's probably the majority who haven't.
With how recycling/drawing out the glory days has become the default for so many in the Rock & Metal worlds now, talking about this album and this band at that time and sheer neck to release such a contentious album makes you realise how that attitude seems sorely missing.
I saw them live , I think, 6 times after this was released they were generally good to really, really good. Never brilliant though.

#16 September 04, 2020, 12:29:17 PM Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 01:40:53 PM by Pentagrimes
Edit:sold