The stereotypical Made in China. I feel a bit bad for laughing

Quote from: astfgyl on April 03, 2020, 02:08:22 PM
The stereotypical Made in China. I feel a bit bad for laughing
Don't feel bad for laughing. 'Made in China' is without doubt, a mark of low quality.
It's time to forget about buying cheap use a couple of times and have to throw away rubbish. It's bad for your pocket and bad for the environment.
The time has come to buy less. Source good quality products and bin China off..
Who knows, maybe they won't have smog over nearly every one of their major cities. So although it won't do their economy much good, it might actually raise their standards of living by not having their beautiful country as the factory of the world.

"Buy well, buy once"......  :abbath:

I think there's definitely merit in that now.

I've always reviled the utterly disposable nature of modern living. Everything designed to fail after a couple of years so even though it seems cheap it actually costs more in the long run and chronically bad for the environment. Fuck it i could go on this rant over in the Peeves thread

The CCP Virus must be the first thing that China has manufactured in years that actually works as described.

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on April 03, 2020, 05:22:27 PM
The CCP Virus must be the first thing that China has manufactured in years that actually works as described.
Certainly lasts longer than all the other shit they produce.  :laugh:

My brother was tested 16 days ago was told he would have results in 2 days he still hasn't heard anything so at best Ireland is at a minimum 2 and half weeks behind on test results. I reckon the number of positive cases is at least a couple of thousand higher than what they think at the minute. That's one of the reasons the US is so high because they have tested a shit load of people and now have that new faster test that gives results in 15mins.

That BCG vaccination story is a bit better reported here:
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-04-02/fewer-coronavirus-deaths-seen-in-countries-that-mandate-tb-vaccine

The age group affected by the hse policy change makes it effectively irrelevant to the matter at hand, the countries listed in the Bloomberg article are a different matter.

I thought it was said that they were only contacting people who were positive regarding the tests? Or was that just an idea that never happened.

Quote from: mickO))) on April 06, 2020, 06:04:51 PM
My brother was tested 16 days ago was told he would have results in 2 days he still hasn't heard anything so at best Ireland is at a minimum 2 and half weeks behind on test results. I reckon the number of positive cases is at least a couple of thousand higher than what they think at the minute. That's one of the reasons the US is so high because they have tested a shit load of people and now have that new faster test that gives results in 15mins.

I find it funny that there was a 15 minute test invented in Ireland early in March and I have yet to hear of it being used here. In fact, I got that BCG story from the twitter page of one of the inventors of it.  https://twitter.com/TheRealColmRyan?lang=en

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 06, 2020, 06:10:57 PM
That BCG vaccination story is a bit better reported here:
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-04-02/fewer-coronavirus-deaths-seen-in-countries-that-mandate-tb-vaccine

The age group affected by the hse policy change makes it effectively irrelevant to the matter at hand, the countries listed in the Bloomberg article are a different matter.

Yeah fair point about the age thing there. I understand those born since 2015 don't come into the high risk category, but would they be high risk of being carriers? Didn't see the bloomberg article yet I'll have a read of that now.