Quote from: astfgyl on September 23, 2020, 10:19:17 PM
QuoteDr Ronan Glynn said this evening "it's certainly not a strategy that will be adopted in this country".

Who the fuck put him in charge? So NPHET are running the country?

Didn't think so, the thick cunts.
Sweden has one of the lowest population density in Europe, behind Norway, Iceland. They closed secondary schools and universities, a 50 person limit for indoors, social distancing in pubs etc. Its currently getting daily numbers similar to the island of Ireland, its GDP was affected about as badly as our own. 22 people per square kilometre in Sweden, 77 in the Republic of Ireland. 2,400 people dies in Stockholm County, population of 2.3 million and where they are going to be adding more restrictions. The island of Ireland has around 6.6 million inhabitants with a death toll of around 2,500. Sweden healthcare system is vastly superior to ours

Gah, posted before I finished. People have been harping on about how great Sweden is even during the summer, particularly the Conservative British media, which I'm sure I don't need to point out are complete fuckwits. Also explain to me how the words of experts here who won't admit they are wrong because of the economic impact of the lock down are worth less than their Swedish counterparts who won't admit they fucked up because who wants to admit to killing someone's granny?

Anyways, I'm an at risk person, if you saw me on the street you would think there is nothing wrong with me, but a serious flu could make shit of me. I take more than enough precautions but I don't think asking the rest of society who are fortunate enough to be healthy and not give two fucks about others health, to wear a mask is too much to fucking ask for. Our health system will not cope if this thing runs through the country.

Quote from: lifeeternal on September 24, 2020, 08:44:54 AM
QuoteDr Ronan Glynn said this evening "it's certainly not a strategy that will be adopted in this country".

Sweden has one of the lowest population density in Europe, behind Norway, Iceland. They closed secondary schools and universities, a 50 person limit for indoors, social distancing in pubs etc. Its currently getting daily numbers similar to the island of Ireland, its GDP was affected about as badly as our own. 22 people per square kilometre in Sweden, 77 in the Republic of Ireland. 2,400 people dies in Stockholm County, population of 2.3 million and where they are going to be adding more restrictions. The island of Ireland has around 6.6 million inhabitants with a death toll of around 2,500. Sweden healthcare system is vastly superior to ours
A huge percentage of Sweden's population lives in the south of the country, south of Sundsval.
That area is around the same size as the island of Ireland and probably has a population of over 8 million people. Very few Swedes actually live in the wilderness of the North.
Ireland has two large cities (if you can call them that) Dublin and Belfast. Our other cities probably wouldn't even be considered cities in most highly populated countries.
Sweden's 3 biggest cities have more population than all the cities and large towns on this island.
They're not doing too bad there considering things.

Sweden is 6 times the size of Ireland, they do not have 8 million inhabitants living in an area the size of this island in southern Sweden, they have 8 million people living in an area around 3 times the size of this island which 6.6 million people on it. Nearly four times as many Swedes live alone, its apples and oranges.

Quote from: lifeeternal on September 24, 2020, 09:46:28 AM
Sweden is 6 times the size of Ireland, they do not have 8 million inhabitants living in an area the size of this island in southern Sweden, they have 8 million people living in an area around 3 times the size of this island which 6.6 million people on it. Nearly four times as many Swedes live alone, its apples and oranges.
Yo nigga, I know Sweden inside out. I once did a stopover in Stockholm on the way to Santa's house.
Shut yo phace....  :abbath:

When you look at cities, population density is very similar.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 24, 2020, 10:19:42 AM
When you look at cities, population density is very similar.
Yes, but their large towns would be considered cities here.
Take Helsingborg for example. It has a population of well over 100,000.

I was agreeing with your point by saying that ;)

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 24, 2020, 10:40:03 AM
I was agreeing with your point by saying that ;)
My fist word "yes" was for you. The rest was for d'udder fella.  ;D

#1689 September 24, 2020, 03:13:42 PM Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 03:24:36 PM by astfgyl
Quote from: lifeeternal on September 24, 2020, 08:44:54 AM

And tell me while you are here, what has all that got to do with NPHET thinking they are running the country? Yeah, nothing.

Edit:
QuoteAnyways, I'm an at risk person, if you saw me on the street you would think there is nothing wrong with me, but a serious flu could make shit of me.

This is a serious question. What did you do last year during 'flu season? Or the year before when there were 222 direct and over 600 indirect deaths from influenza? Did you ask everyone else to mask up and stay away from you? I'm honestly not taking it up with you personally and I can understand why you feel more anxious with this one but you have been sold a lie and it is still being peddled every day of the week on the national news.

This winter is going to be the greatest shitshow of all time because of these regulations and the effect they will have when combined with the normal increased uptake of beds for the winter season. The madness needs to stop because that is what it is, madness.

#1690 September 24, 2020, 03:17:13 PM Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 03:56:38 PM by astfgyl
Quote from: Bigmac on September 24, 2020, 08:18:48 AM
Is there actually evidence that an "awful lot of young people MIGHT have to die"?

https://www.thejournal.ie/herd-immunity-nphet-5213262-Sep2020/

Ah, just realised that's the article your quote is from, astfgyl.

Yeah there is no evidence for it, but sure they can get away with straight up lies on the news now and no one cares

https://youtu.be/f1jV3tJ2Lqw

Funny part about that is that 4,000 out of 56 million gives a failure rate of 0.00714285714. That must be surely considered a success really. I was just putting it up to show how this is all happening on repeat but the world is ripe for the fear due to the connectivity and prevalence of social media these days.

The telegraph have an interesting article here about the UK's chief bullshit graph man: it's paywall, but the first sentence can be read and is unsurprising. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/09/23/revealed-sir-patrick-vallance-has-600000-shareholding-firm-contracted/ A lot of the NPHET boys are in a very similar boat.

Some little c#nt told me that my mask wasn't completely covering my nose the second I sat down on the 7.30 train this morning. To which I replied 'Go and fuck yourself you crazy bitch'. At least that's what it more or less translates to from Spanish. I  can't imagine the amount of these busy body fucks that are just rubbing their hands with glee at all these rules and regulations.

Yeah I got a snarky remark when I was having a vape whilst waiting, nobody within a good two meters of me, at the zebra crossing the other day, and the daft hoor proceeded to cross while the gender fluid figure indicating whether you can walk or not was still red. Fuck off ya spastic.

Covid has unearthed a massive amount of busy body fucks in this country!

Lads. I will say two things in favour of the mask lark. It has given me some of the best laughs I've had in a long time looking at some of the carry on and also it was already mentioned, there are way better birds around all of a sudden.

On the down side, it has also turned half of the population into cunts. And depending on your viewpoint, that could be either half.