It's a pain in the hole that five months on we are looking like heading into another lockdown. Feeling the fatigue big time the past couple of weeks. I hadn't felt it weighing on me until then but between that, lack of sleep with the young lad, a gimpy knee and generally getting better looking by the day (It's my cross to bear) I'm half melted with it. I've a couple of weeks booked off work for September and it feels a long way off. What can you do, though. Just gotta play the game.

"Half measures availed us nothing. We stood at the turning point." - Bill W.

The prospect of another lockdown is pretty depressing and fuck it we do just have to play the game but fuck fuckitty fucking fuck sake.

Have 2 weeks off work coming after this week and I have been thoroughly looking forward to it for ages. Worked all through the initial lockdown and I'm getting a bit despondent with the possibility of giving my 2 weeks hanging around here in Tipp. Looking at it creeping up and up again it feels like the first run was for nothing in the long run, unless there is some master plan which I'm not aware of.

Yeah it's all gone Pete Tong here and rapidly so. Huge spikes all over the place due to the general population being spastics.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on August 10, 2020, 11:49:45 AM
Yeah it's all gone Pete Tong here and rapidly so. Huge spikes all over the place due to the general population being spastics.
My missus was home in Cádiz two weeks ago and she was saying that people are still hugging and doing the kiss on each cheek. Oh dear.....

Yeah it's a bit grim. I've been flat out working since the start of lockdown, supposed to be starting college on September 1st to study music (at the age of 34). Was looking forward to hanging out with musicians and jamming but it looks like it's all gonna be online for a while, no gigs. Boring.

Putin claiming Russia has a vaccine. Hmmmmmmm

Quote from: Bogmetaller on August 11, 2020, 11:03:28 AM
Putin claiming Russia has a vaccine. Hmmmmmmm

Trump could confirm that soon.
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

Oh ye of little faith!

Maybe we should spend less time looking across the Atlantic and get our own shit in order. The Irish health system is a mess at the best of times and yet somehow we were supposedly doing way better than the UK and the US. Well if you don't test it or find it then it can't become a statistic. Typical oul smoke and mirrors bullshit. There's no way an island population of 4 million should have the numbers we have if it had been handled properly.

Just arrived in Dublin from Bordeaux. Flight was empty, airport is empty, everyone (of the few there were) masked both ends and during flight, tracking form thing was mandatory to get through passport control.

Not liking the meat factory situation here and the blatant disregard they have for worker/public health n safety. Asking them politely to close while 3 counties go into lockdown isn't exaclty a good look for the government.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 11, 2020, 02:41:24 PM
Just arrived in Dublin from Bordeaux. Flight was empty, airport is empty, everyone (of the few there were) masked both ends and during flight, tracking form thing was mandatory to get through passport control.

I was stopped at the border going back to Spain yesterday, big flashing warning signs that masks were obligatory in Aragón. France could do with getting its finger out, I was at an open air market and we were the only people wearing masks. Ridiculous.

Will you be doing your two weeks self-isolation? (actually, is there any other type of isolation now that I think about it? Well I suppose people can be isolated as a group so yeah. Anyway..)

The takeup on masks is at pretty much 100% here. If it works at all, which it should, we shouldn't see many spikes in the level of community transmission in the next month. Shouldn't that work out as a relatively quiet winter for the health service then, as the measures we are all taking to avoid one thing should work to avoid all of the others as well. Hopefully so.

As for the airports being empty, that's a good sign but I'm not surprised as I've seen fuck all tourists anywhere this year. Not as many of the Irish going off either. The only problem with that is that it only takes the one to get in to set things back. Say you are here and asymptomatic and you head out around the town thinking sure I'm grand and lo and behold. I don't mean you in particular either but just imagine how many will think sure I feel grand fuck it i'm going for a bag of chips. For every one who does want to play ball there will be one who doesn't. It will be a long road.

Can't believe they let you back in the country  :abbath:

So much for the NZ solution....