And yet, about half the brownies of this world want to be white, or if not, surrounded by them (whites).  :laugh:

#1876 February 16, 2021, 04:13:56 PM Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 04:19:28 PM by astfgyl
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on February 16, 2021, 03:48:29 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on February 16, 2021, 03:43:14 PM
Got it from Glenn Greenwald who is usually fairly decent at avoiding the baseless claims.

Do you think it's far fetched? I don't.

I didn't say I think it's far fetched. Very little is far fetched these days. But that's got nothing to do with the fact that no evidence is provided for it having happened. The document itself presumably does exist, lots of things like it have been written, but the thing about the high school is presented as hearsay, and apparently that's not problematic even to Glenn Greenwald, which is perhaps indicative of how strongly his recent (understandable) anti-woke bias is working inside his head.

Maybe he's not as discerning as when he founded The Intercept, which is a pity as I had him pegged as a decent enough source.

Must chase it down and see if there is another source

The actual school is named on it, which should make it easier to verify

Here is Greenwald's thread where many replies question the veracity of the claim

https://mobile.twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1361445768419287042

So from what I gather, the document is real and verifiable but the question of whether the school sent it out is yet to be answered.

This post from the author of the document gave me a good laugh while reading the replies.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CatGargler/status/1361470549554208772

Had to use the screenshot because I'm not signed in but still pretty funny shit. He must be living in a nightmare world.

Quote from: astfgyl on February 16, 2021, 04:41:44 PM
So from what I gather, the document is real and verifiable but the question of whether the school sent it out is yet to be answered.

That is the only question. "Individual you've never heard of wrote some mad sounding stuff" isn't a story.

Ah it's not really. The discussion around how ridiculous an idea this scale of whiteness is and how the author gets away with being such a racist prick raises many more questions for the discussion forum here and was in fact the main thrust of my comment on the lack of an inner monologue more so than the school which allegedly sent it.

Imagine me as a white person making a scale of blackness for example. It would be a pretty racist thing to do and most likely get me banished to gab and parler forever.

Most of my posts in this thread are made to get the discussion going on how the once oppressed are doing all they can to become the oppressor and the fact that it is being presented in such a way as to seemingly be gaining mainstream acceptance is surely worth a few questions from a moderate type such as myself.

We get pure cunts in every colour but it's going in a direction where it's only okay to call out the white ones and the more discussion about that, the more likely that some form of sanity and a more egalitarian outlook can actually take hold. So let's assume the school never sent it but it's a real document from a chap https://afam.northwestern.edu/people/faculty/barnor-hesse.html#:~:text=Associate%20Professor%20of%20African%20American,847-491-3775 who is a published author and a fairly popular one at that. It still raises questions around why that's okay but other racist things are not.

Unless by whiteness, he doesn't mean anything pertaining to white people. I notice on his chart there's no place for just being okay with one's own skin and neither supremacist nor apologist.

So yeah, not the only question whether the school did or didn't

But you're right I never heard of the gombeen outside of that story doing the rounds and Greenwald doesn't seem to be able to verify it either so I take that point

QuoteThe discussion around how ridiculous an idea this scale of whiteness is and how the author gets away with being such a racist prick raises many more questions for the discussion forum here and was in fact the main thrust of my comment on the lack of an inner monologue more so than the school which allegedly sent it.

Imagine me as a white person making a scale of blackness for example. It would be a pretty racist thing to do and most likely get me banished to gab and parler forever.

And yet, just a couple of weeks ago, there were people sharing mad sounding pro-white race realism stuff on this very forum, much of which was specifically taking aim at mixed-race breeding, i.e. a scale of blackness.

Most every kind of mad sounding thing you can imagine exists out there somewhere; it becomes a story once it's being pushed on people. And if you're going to claim that that's what's happening, you should have evidence of it, especially if you're a journalist, like the person who wrote the original tweet, and especially especially if you're Glenn Greenwald and you've built your entire reputation on being an investigative journalist who holds themself to a higher standard than anyone at, say, the NYT has ever been held to. That in itself is as newsworthy as anything else here; Revealed - Glenn Greenwald just as intellectually dishonest as everyone he has built his career on criticizing.

Be a bit disappointed in Greenwald given how he has sold himself.

Didn't see the pro white stuff you mention but one thing is as bad as the next when it comes to all that bollix. I feel the world has regressed badly with all the racism shit in the last couple of years and things like that chart getting a pass is entirely missing the point of unity that the world is painted as striving for

If it wasn't for the damn trains (potential crypto-fascist rhetoric) I'd identify as CIE (Comfortable In Ethnicity) white male.

Great man. They say he made it all up but they would say that.

How they come up with newer and more astounding horse shit never fails to amaze.