Quote from: Bigmac on January 03, 2021, 10:20:30 PM
Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on January 03, 2021, 10:08:20 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 03, 2021, 09:58:03 PM
Quote from: ldj on January 03, 2021, 09:49:23 PM
So wait a minute, right wing loons who are spreading lies about this guy are bad (which is correct), but all of the left wing loons who are not only going on like the Gardai are a racist organisation hellbent on killing black people, but are spreading their own deceiving narrative totally aren't just as bad?

No one in this discussion here has made claims from the unconfirmed "left" stuff that's circulating, so there was no need to address it in this discussion.
This is a very complex issue. I'd imagine all angles and positions on this are worth discussing.
And particularly, why a close relative of a dead scumbag is allowed to publicly bay for the blood of a member of An Garda Síochána but yet more focus being paid to the fact some internet twat spread misinformation about said scumbag.

This is, in a word, just a thick thing to say.
No one has the privilege of calling anyone here thick unless it's ivory tower Chris.

Chris 'if I want your opinion I'll give it to you' Carnage.

Suggesting that the far-right, anti-immigrant recuperation of this story boils down to "one incorrect meme" is a thick - knowingly thick moreover - thing to say, coming from someone who actually spends time researching propaganda, albeit from a very particular angle.

Ah yes, the poor downtrodden black community of Ireland. Fighting their way through groups of brownshirts just to get to school, work and the shops each day.
Thankfully ANTIFA  :laugh: are on hand to help with these awful atrocities faced on an almost daily basis.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 04, 2021, 08:02:03 AM
Suggesting that the far-right, anti-immigrant recuperation of this story boils down to "one incorrect meme" is a thick - knowingly thick moreover - thing to say, coming from someone who actually spends time researching propaganda, albeit from a very particular angle.
Your 'word' of the week, is it?

Quote from: Bigmac on January 04, 2021, 08:17:55 AM
The far-right at it again in the comments.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=394546905169549
Ah slave trade heavyweights Ireland.  :laugh:
We're now guilty of being white in our own land ffs  :laugh:
If ever an 18 Wheeler needed to come roaring up the road...  :abbath:

Not surprising to see that theliberal.ie's "coverage" of this entire event boils down to sharing videos of immigrants losing the run of themselves. Were any of the "articles" (still never linked) where people say they read wild exaggerations of this story from that "news" site, I wonder?

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 04, 2021, 09:05:42 AM

Not surprising to see that theliberal.ie's "coverage" of this entire event boils down to sharing videos of immigrants losing the run of themselves. Were any of the "articles" (still never linked) where people say they read wild exaggerations of this story from that "news" site, I wonder?
In fairness, there is quite a lot of them floating around.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 04, 2021, 08:02:03 AM
Even Corona is in on the oppression....

https://youtu.be/pj3iIYa0TUM

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 04, 2021, 09:05:42 AM

I don't know to be honest, the main articles I've seen are the Independent or that Times one, if I'm not mistaken, so I'm not sure what kind of content The Liberal has articles wise.

I could be wrong, but the "coverage" of most other publications seem to be dodging this on their "news" sites, so at last with this we have a full view of everything going on.

Quote from: Bigmac on January 04, 2021, 09:13:41 AM
I could be wrong, but the "coverage" of most other publications seem to be dodging this on their "news" sites, so at last with this we have a full view of everything going on.

I mean, I don't know to what extent some random, and more importantly nameless, guy standing on a corner talking about things he doesn't have full knowledge of (such as that, when the British slave trade was abolished, Ireland was more of an occupied colony than, say, Nigeria) actually constitutes "news", but, sure, I guess the main news sites aren't giving so much attention to the violence, while not completely ignoring it either.