Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 03, 2021, 08:24:28 PM
Quote from: Bigmac on January 03, 2021, 07:36:23 PM
In one sentence they berate people for sharing that he had convictions, without proof, while promoting the idea that mental heath issues played a role, without proof. Strange one. Unless I've missed it being confirmed somewhere.

They've already said, as the family have also confirmed, that he was known to them for some amount of time as someone who had mental health issues, so presumably from their house visits the police as an entity had first-hand experience of this.

I hadn't heard of the police previously visiting.

It seems the family themselves had protection orders against him, as he posed a risk to their safety:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/gardai-had-to-shoot-george-nkencho-under-public-safety-protocols-wkg5vk6mf

QuoteOfficers say they had previously been called to deal with disturbances arising from his behaviour at the house in Manorfields. Members of the family had obtained protection orders against the young man on the basis that he posed a threat to their safety.

I haven't seen that particular detail in any Irish sources.

#1516 January 03, 2021, 08:40:05 PM Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 08:41:36 PM by Eoin McLove
What does mental health issues mean? When the guards are getting called regularly to a house because of unruly behaviour is "mental health issues" a polite way of saying violent scumbag? No doubt there are mental health issues at play whenever you have a violent person who creates regular problems within their household, but where's the line between the mental health issue and the scumbaggery?

If he happened to be off medication for scizophrenia, for example. then where does the blame lie? With the man? With his parents? With his carers? With his doctor? With the guards?

Again, having the whole thing reduced to "BLM- defund de pigz, ACAB etc" on one side and typical blanket anti-immigration attitudes on the other is a side show, a distraction from the issue.

But again, how do we draw the distinction between a sick person and a violent scumbag?

One of my good friends sister is a guard in that station in blanchardstown and this fella was well known to them and in her own words he was a scumbag and previously had been causing plenty of shit.
She said the last few days in there have been the worst she's ever experienced.

To make an obvious point, his having a criminal record is not a deal breaker for him being a scumbag.

Quote from: blessed1 on January 03, 2021, 08:47:02 PM
One of my good friends sister is a guard in that station in blanchardstown and this fella was well known to them and in her own words he was a scumbag and previously had been causing plenty of shit.

Ask her if the police are lying about him having no previous convictions then. Because if he was a scumbag who had previously caused plenty of shit, then it's also up to the police to explain why there were no previous convictions. Most proper scumbags I've known have racked up at least a couple by the time they're 27. If he had done anything even on the same spectrum as what got him killed, there should have been something official on record.

#1520 January 03, 2021, 08:56:38 PM Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 08:58:24 PM by Pedrito
Quote from: Bigmac on January 03, 2021, 08:39:07 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 03, 2021, 08:24:28 PM
Quote from: Bigmac on January 03, 2021, 07:36:23 PM

QuoteOfficers say they had previously been called to deal with disturbances arising from his behaviour at the house in Manorfields. Members of the family had obtained protection orders against the young man on the basis that he posed a threat to their safety.

I haven't seen that particular detail in any Irish sources.

This is my whole point. They're walking on eggshells here when they shouldn't be. We're only being given a watered down version by the Irish media and we should all be well used to that by now. Wink, wink, read between the lines journalism. The Mayor of Dublin and Minister of Justice went out of their ways to send condolences to the family of a lad who was shot because he might have taken them hostage. Are we living in the twilight zone here?

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 03, 2021, 08:53:27 PM
Quote from: blessed1 on January 03, 2021, 08:47:02 PM

Ask her if the police are lying about him having no previous convictions then. Because if he was a scumbag who had previously caused plenty of shit, then it's also up to the police to explain why there were no previous convictions. Most proper scumbags I've known have racked up at least a couple by the time they're 27. If he had done anything even on the same spectrum as what got him killed, there should have been something official on record.

I'll ask my friend about that tomorrow.
And for what it's worth I do agree with everything you have said about the misinformation being spread around by both sides.
She did say that last year there was an incident where it took about 12 guards to restrain him as he was being extremely violent with them.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 03, 2021, 07:00:34 PM
Gardai showing themselves to be as disconnected from reality as I am by worrying about lies being spread in both narratives. There's just no reasoning with them!

QuoteAn Garda Síochána is "very concerned" by "lies" being circulated widely online by "fascists and racists" falsely stating that the dead man, who had mental health problems, had more than 30 criminal convictions.

In fact the 27-year-old had no criminal convictions at all.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-worry-over-nkencho-shooting-lies-39924798.html

Of course, natural disclaimer, it's not impossible that the communist BLM LGBTQ 5G COVID conspiracy has infiltrated to the highest levels of the police and they're lying about the criminal record. Only time will tell. I for one am absolutely shocked to discover that people have in fact been fabricating stuff to make a bad egg immigrant look even worse, it's so...unprecedented, I mean, how could anyone ever possibly have predicted that that might happen unless they paid the mildest amount of attention to similar events of the past?
As the old saying goes: YOU'RE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR LAST (KNIFE WIELD IN PUBLIC) MISTAKE....

I'm being pedantic, but the guards can only charge, they can't convict anyone.

Quel Oncle Tom! Pais vrai, mon p'tit?!

😂😂😂

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 03, 2021, 07:00:34 PM
Of course, natural disclaimer, it's not impossible that the communist BLM LGBTQ 5G COVID conspiracy has infiltrated to the highest levels of the police and they're lying about the criminal record. Only time will tell. I for one am absolutely shocked to discover that people have in fact been fabricating stuff to make a bad egg immigrant look even worse, it's so...unprecedented, I mean, how could anyone ever possibly have predicted that that might happen unless they paid the mildest amount of attention to similar events of the past?
So wait a minute, right wing loons who are spreading lies about this guy are bad (which is correct), but all of the left wing loons who are not only going on like the Gardai are a racist organisation hellbent on killing black people, but are spreading their own deceiving narrative totally aren't just as bad?

Dublin's own Lord Mayor Hazel Chu was actively spreading misinformation on her twitter account and reposting advice for the 'protesters' on how they should hide their identity, effectively promoting a riot. Ruth Coppinger attempted to swerve the narrative by saying he was brandishing a knife "but was unarmed otherwise". Brid Smith is also still contradicting the Guards version of events claiming there was no weapon despite the video evidence, why is it just the right wing loons that get called out on it?

Not to mention these are actual politicians with influence saying this stuff, not just faceless trolls online.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on January 03, 2021, 09:38:39 PM
:-[

Bit racist there from malcolm but we'll forgive him given the context of time and place.

But was unarmed otherwise!!  :laugh:

What the fuck does "but unarmed otherwise" mean??? He wasn't in a tank?

Quote from: ldj on January 03, 2021, 09:49:23 PM
So wait a minute, right wing loons who are spreading lies about this guy are bad (which is correct), but all of the left wing loons who are not only going on like the Gardai are a racist organisation hellbent on killing black people, but are spreading their own deceiving narrative totally aren't just as bad?

No one in this discussion here has made claims from the unconfirmed "left" stuff that's circulating, so there was no need to address it in this discussion.