John Barnes has always come across as well -spoken and sensible so if that was his take on it, I'd fully agree with him.

Quote from: Nail_Bombed on December 12, 2020, 11:57:54 AM
Quote from: Caomhaoin on December 12, 2020, 05:55:33 AM
The PSG and Istanbul players walking off the pitch because the match official referred to some black coach as 'the black guy' and it being plastered all over the BBC, non-stop interviews with him, calling it a 'historic moment in the fight against racism'.

Because he was called 'the black guy'. No epithets, no abuse, 'the black guy'. What should the official have said?

Welcome to Dystopia my friends.

I dunno man, how about calling him by his bloody name? How's that for a wild stab in the dark. Learn people's names is the moral here really.

I doubt very much he knew the lads name. I am a football fan for 30 years and I've never heard of him.

In any case, totally infantile to walk off the pitch, ridiculous. Nothing remotely racist was uttered.

Yeah I don't see the racism here,. I see it in the same context as referring to somebody as "the ginger haired lad" or "yer wan with the blue top". Purely for identification purposes, no hateful motive involved.

The "n word" in French is "nègre", which I guess "negru" sounds very close to. That's probably what kicked things off and then they absolutely got blown out of proportion. It's being said now that the black fella in question was collectively referring to the arbiters (all Romanian) as "gitans" (gypsies) from the beginning of the match, which is a clear slight.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on December 12, 2020, 03:39:20 PM
The "n word" in French is "nègre", which I guess "negru" sounds very close to. That's probably what kicked things off and then they absolutely got blown out of proportion. It's being said now that the black fella in question was collectively referring to the arbiters (all Romanian) as "gitans" (gypsies) from the beginning of the match, which is a clear slight.
Oh my gawd! Did you just use the B word?

#1280 December 12, 2020, 06:52:58 PM Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 06:54:33 PM by Caomhaoin
I noticed that myself, the veneer is slipping!

If they were speaking French, then yeah it might have been construed like that initially, but it's been made clear that he said 'the black guy', nothing more. How the players walking off like a bunch of virtue signalling pansies is being labelled a 'historic moment in the fight against racism' (BBC headline, of course) is a complete slap in the face to actual victims of racism.

And as for all the fagets and crybabies condemning the Millwall fans  for being sick to the back teeth of a quasi-religious ritual at their fucking football stadium week after week after week , je dis le meme chose, putain.

The level of silliness all round is breathtaking. What was wrong with the Kick it Out campaign was it too inclusive or something?

"That lad there"

"Which lad?"

"The lad with the nostrils wider than the other lads"

"What lad?"

"The lad who has hands with palms that are paler than the backs"

"Which lad?"

"The lad who seems to have very white teeth and eyes"

"What lad?"

"The black lad"

"You racist cunt"

I was having a bit of fun with some other parents at the young fella's hurling games during the year. There's a young Nigerian fella up front and I kept describing what a great game he had but describing him in every possible way that didn't mention he was black. I'd say "that big fella up front had a great game" or "the fella from (name of estate) played out of his skin" or "The tall lad did really well up front" and every one of the other parents hadn't the foggiest who I was on about until I said the black lad and then they'd be like "oh right, yeah he did" but they would all have a sort of guilty look about them.

Good fun.

They get paid the equivalent of a  house that most middle class people break their backs trying to pay off all their lives, every fucking week, and they're too soft to be called the 'black lad' or the blue lad or the blonde lad or the potato head Irish lad..shower of cunts. The privilege of it it all would turn your stomach.

Only Fools and Horses......  8)

https://www.mylondon.news/lifestyle/lifestyle-opinion/i-watched-only-fools-horses-19429327

"I was approximately 30 seconds into the episode when I gave up hope"

Sums up the attention span of most people nowadays unfortunately....

Sounds like a wan who needs her arse pinched.

How do these types get anything done,  I wonder.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 14, 2020, 06:44:57 PM
How do these types get anything done,  I wonder.

Well, just take a look at what they consider to be something to do!

I hope nobody paid her for that vacuous shite.

Great auld show, I always watch a few episodes at the Christmas. The episode she's referring to, I hope its the one where Rodney has the Chinese girlfriend who Del calls 'Shanghai Lil' (😂😂😂😂😂), and I hope her face scrunched up accordingly, the daft lesbian.