Yeah but what I said was fair enough though.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on December 07, 2020, 01:21:59 PM

:laugh:

Spain wasn't part of the "free world" until it had a) re-legalized free political association (1977), and then b) actually held a free and fair election (later in 1977). That's why I had 1977 in mind when I said "late seventies", but if you prefer, I'll say "mid-seventies" instead to mark the actual day when Franco died and the nation apparently transitioned overnight to being El Dorado!  :abbath:

Quote from: Scáthach on December 06, 2020, 10:25:20 PM
Haha! I have an Enid Blyton gollywogs book on the shelf. Don't tell or I'll be cancelled. I'd best just hide it behind Mein Kampf.

George, the main character inthe Famous Five was a girl who preferred to be a boy. She was as woke a character as any you'll ever read.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on December 07, 2020, 01:47:41 PM
Quote from: Caomhaoin on December 07, 2020, 01:21:59 PM

:laugh:

Spain wasn't part of the "free world" until it had a) re-legalized free political association (1977), and then b) actually held a free and fair election (later in 1977). That's why I had 1977 in mind when I said "late seventies", but if you prefer, I'll say "mid-seventies" instead to mark the actual day when Franco died and the nation apparently transitioned overnight to being El Dorado!  :abbath:

Yeah that's all true but they weren't  re-educating people or all that other nefarious commie carry-on at that stage. It was obligatory for women born before his death to have the prefix Maria on their Christian names though. Oppression of a sort, but would you rather have been a citizen of Franco's authoritarian regime (which you could leave) or Big Brezhnev's workers paradise (which you couldn't leave)?

Quote from: Pedrito on December 07, 2020, 02:31:01 PM
Haha! I have an Enid Blyton gollywogs book on the shelf. Don't tell or I'll be cancelled. I'd best just hide it behind Mein Kampf.

George, the main character inthe Famous Five was a girl who preferred to be a boy. She was as woke a character as any you'll ever read.

But what was her/his pronouns?

Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on December 07, 2020, 05:13:19 PM

But what was her/his pronouns?

Not sure ahe had any, think she was just a carpet licker tbh

Who was it that said......

THERE'S 33 GENDERS...........
MEN WOMEN AND 31 TYPES OF QUEERS.......

Plus, Timmy who self-identified as a canine, and his/her/its friends never once kink-shamed. Very woke indeed.  :laugh:

This Hungarian politician identified as anti LGBTQ, but he has now resigned after being caught at a 25 man orgy during lockdown  :abbath:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtdl7KI3X9o&t=1s

Quote from: Giggles on December 07, 2020, 11:46:44 PM
This Hungarian politician identified as anti LGBTQ, but he has now resigned after being caught at a 25 man orgy during lockdown  :abbath:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtdl7KI3X9o&t=1s
In fairness, a 25 man orgy would be some craic.

My 19yo niece started university last year. She was telling me there was students going around introducing themselves like, " Hello, my name is John, my pronouns are he, she and it.".
I told her if John introduced himself like that in my day his adjectives would be battered, bruised and burst.
She thought I was joking.
I'm too old for this shit.

Did you go to the university of hard knocks?