My point from the very beginning was we had all the outrage and were bombarded with news articles day after day over the Islamic travel ban in the US (just to use this as an example) yet we have concentration camps operating in China and the media are not even giving it a fraction of the coverage they gave the travel ban nor are the "Perpetually Offended Brigade" screaming from the rooftops about it like they did about the travel ban back in 2017.  I have know about these camps since September of last year and from what I have read they have been around for even longer than that. I didn't find out about them from the MSM.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 02, 2020, 04:02:20 PM
Lads, page 56 and I'm struggling to keep up. Who's winning the argument?

I think the people who were complaining about the Perpetually Offended have become the Perpetually Offended.

Quote from: astfgyl on October 02, 2020, 04:05:29 PM
"China in human rights abuse shocker"

Could surely stick that as the headline 365 days of the year and find a different story to stick under it. It seems to me that there is a certain acceptance that sure China will do what they will do and most just shrug and forget it before settling into more of the proverbial American Gladiators.

There shall be no winners in any of these threads. It just doesn't work like that.

Has anyone here had their mind changed about being PC or feeling offended during the course of this thread? Or anyone changed their views on Trump in the other one? I'd be amazed if there was even one.

Is it a draw?

Quote from: pete on October 02, 2020, 04:29:19 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 02, 2020, 04:02:20 PM
Lads, page 56 and I'm struggling to keep up. Who's winning the argument?

I think the people who were complaining about the Perpetually Offended have become the Perpetually Offended.

I must get on in this sweet sweet offence. To Twitter!

Well Chris is right that you can find the info if you're prepared to look for it. Breitbart constantly report on the 'Kill the Boer' stuff dripping out of the mouths of powerful government figures in SA, but many people will refuse to accept anything they report.

Conversely I refuse to accept anything the BBC or Guardian write, all these dirty little fingers stuck in eager ears lads, probably worsening the situation.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on October 02, 2020, 04:34:32 PM

Conversely I refuse to accept anything the BBC or Guardian write, all these dirty little fingers stuck in eager ears lads, probably worsening the situation.

BBC is nowhere near the awful level of the guardian. A little biased yes but they still engage in factual reporting. The guardian has fallen into the trap that instantly makes me turn away from any news source. When the headline of an article is obviously biased either left or right it's time to stop reading said news source.

I dunno lad, I can barely stomach their reportage on anything else bar rugby and soccer.

Calling riots with dozens injured as peaceful because it was BLM? Nah kid.

Has anyone here had their mind changed about being PC or feeling offended during the course of this thread? Or anyone changed their views on Trump in the other one? I'd be amazed if there was even one.

It's about as effective as arguing on Facebook I try to avoid it especially on here but we all have our moments of weakness.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on October 02, 2020, 04:41:41 PM
I dunno lad, I can barely stomach their reportage on anything else bar rugby and soccer.

Calling riots with dozens injured as peaceful because it was BLM? Nah kid.

Sure ya like what ya like. I dont get my news there anyway. Point was there still more fact based than the guardian.

Quote from: mickO))) on October 02, 2020, 04:25:10 PM
My point from the very beginning was we had all the outrage and were bombarded with news articles day after day over the Islamic travel ban in the US (just to use this as an example) yet we have concentration camps operating in China and the media are not even giving it a fraction of the coverage they gave the travel ban nor are the "Perpetually Offended Brigade" screaming from the rooftops about it like they did about the travel ban back in 2017.  I have know about these camps since September of last year and from what I have read they have been around for even longer than that. I didn't find out about them from the MSM.

Well, if that was your point, it's still a terrible point. Foreign policy actions by the US President are always going to be more spectacle news-worthy than internal policy actions by the Chinese...especially when that President is a reality TV star. Welcome to earth, the year is 2020.

Let's get back on track here with a question that's bugging a lot of people:

If the little lad with blue hair sucks a trans woman's dick does that make him gay?

I'm still up in the air about it all.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 02, 2020, 05:00:57 PM
Quote from: mickO))) on October 02, 2020, 04:25:10 PM

Well, if that was your point, it's still a terrible point. Foreign policy actions by the US President are always going to be more spectacle news-worthy than internal policy actions by the Chinese...especially when that President is a reality TV star. Welcome to earth, the year is 2020.

No point in even trying to argue with someone who thinks China has no responsibility for the pandemic and thinks the media had no part in fuelling the riots in the US.

Quote from: Pedrito on October 02, 2020, 05:43:32 PM
Let's get back on track here with a question that's bugging a lot of people:

If the little lad with blue hair sucks a trans woman's dick does that make him gay?

I'm still up in the air about it all.

He's just like a bi sexual. Greedy. One or the fucking other.

So that's settled.

If Hunter Biden took millions off a Russian billionaire, flew around in his father's jet making deals and was put on the boards of Ukranian oil companies despite being a drug addict, does that make him gay or just cis gender curious?

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 02, 2020, 04:33:14 PM
"China in human rights abuse shocker"

Could surely stick that as the headline 365 days of the year and find a different story to stick under it. It seems to me that there is a certain acceptance that sure China will do what they will do and most just shrug and forget it before settling into more of the proverbial American Gladiators.

There shall be no winners in any of these threads. It just doesn't work like that.

Is it a draw?

It's a draw so far yeah. In the beginning it seemed like there were two opposing teams though...