The thing about the trans debate is, these activists have created absolute morals and values on something that isn't an exact science. Not only that, but their values are constantly shifting so even if you're 'woke' this week, next week your opinion could be outdated and then they'll hang you.

Even 10 years ago the 'progressive' stance on these sort of issues were people who 'didn't do labels', now you're expected to have an encyclopedic knowledge on constantly evolving labels and if you don't you're a bigot, lgbt wasn't good enough, now you have pansexuals, demisexuals, non-binary, gender fluid etc. Like for fuck sake they invented the term 'cis-gender' because they didn't want to use the term normal to refer to someone who thinks they were born in the right body.

These activists want to make hate laws about this shite when they can't even make up their own minds.

That's not even taking into account conversations they blatantly ignore, they want to talk about oppression and discrimination of trans people but don't want to acknowledge that trans people nearly universally all suffer from mental illness and over half of them attempt suicide at some point in their lives.

I genuinely do sympathise with them but I'm not convinced that being trans isn't a symptom of mental illness. Even if the world was kind and adapted to suit them and no one ever treated them differently or badly, I'm not exactly sure the depression these people suffer from would magically disappear.

There was a story last week about a woman in America who is getting in trouble for pretending to be black but I don't see the difference, if someone can identify as the opposite gender then how is race any different, why are we drawing the line there?

Shifting sands for sure. I'm not certain why they are lumped in with homosexuals, having gender dysphoria doesn't necessarily dictate sexual preference.

I watched a debate on Good Morning Britain with the usually repugnant Piers Morgan, a transgender, George Galloway and a professional activist, and the only one with an issue with the book (remember, the protagonist dresses in a woman's coat and hat in order to avoid detection, nothing whatsoever to do with gender reassignment) was the activist, accusing her of 'whipping up hatred' et al. It's hard to believe that this can be a sincerely held belief. The cunt hadn't even read the book!

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 17, 2020, 07:03:06 AM
Just again though, in case it wasn't clear already, "people who menstruate" but don't wish to be called women are women by birth who identify as men, which somewhat puts to bed the whole reasoning about this undermining women's rights; how is it not an embodiment of another right women now have, notably to live as a man if that's how they experience their being??

In other words, if Rowling doesn't believe and doesn't want to accept the whole trans schtick, then her comment in that tweet can only be read as an attack on a minority group of...women!

What's a woman though? That's a sincere question.

You can experience your being all you want but you don't have a cock..end of.

As a man wiser than myself once said,  sure it's all a load of shite.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 17, 2020, 09:20:04 AM
As a man wiser than myself once said,  sure it's all a load of shite.
Case closed.... (bualadh bos).....  ::)

Quote from: Caomhaoin on September 17, 2020, 07:30:22 AM
the usually repugnant Piers Morgan,

Finally something the right, left and centrists can agree on

Well, speak of the devil:
https://www.newstatesman.com/international/2020/09/judith-butler-culture-wars-jk-rowling-and-living-anti-intellectual-times

I know some of you will find an interview with Judith Butler very difficult to read, but since you have her in large part to blame for lots of the ideas you despise, it's worth seeing what she has to say on the subject today. Read it to the end or don't read it.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 23, 2020, 11:56:43 AM
Well, speak of the devil:
https://www.newstatesman.com/international/2020/09/judith-butler-culture-wars-jk-rowling-and-living-anti-intellectual-times

I know some of you will find an interview with Judith Butler very difficult to read, but since you have her in large part to blame for lots of the ideas you despise, it's worth seeing what she has to say on the subject today. Read it to the end or don't read it.
Listen very carefully. There are two genders...
Men, and people who are not men.

And that was my introduction to the name Derrick Jensen! Seems an interesting fellow.
The Butler quote he gives is from Undoing Gender; I'd say you can find it easily on libgen, if context is something that interests you.

Was reading on his wiki there that he wrote a whole book on anarchism and violation but that the publisher pulled it. He should release it online.