The thing I find so interesting about the whole Rowling situation is that she can't really be cancelled. She still owns the entire HP property, she can't be fired, she has so much money that she probably lives in her own bubble anyway so she probably doesn't care if she is socially ostracized and she can't have her platform taken away as she's just too famous.

She has true Fuck You Money, it's kind of funny to watch all of these social activists complain because they've finally come up against someone who's life they can't ruin.

What did she say that was wrong though? It really urks me that in the face of so much scientific study over 100s of years, a jumped up bunch of ideologues decide that anyone who dares question a movement based on social construct deserves to have their lives or reputations ruined.

Quote from: Blackout on July 08, 2020, 09:28:40 PM
It really urks me that in the face of so much scientific study over 100s of years, a jumped up bunch of ideologues decide that anyone who dares question a movement based on social construct deserves to have their lives or reputations ruined.

Has it ever been otherwise, anywhere, anytime? If one takes on a mission within a game, one should really try to learn the rules first. It's no good choosing to play as a wolf if the game calls for a fox. A general rather than a specific comment.

If the wolf decides it wants to transition into a fox is it still a wolf? Are those my feet?

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 08, 2020, 10:30:18 PM
If one takes on a mission within a game, one should really try to learn the rules first. It's no good choosing to play as a wolf if the game calls for a fox.

Just a thought but have you ever considered immortalising some of your musings on a piece of distressed wood? You could get yourself a nice little cottage industry up and running and supply exclusively to, say, Meadows and Byrne.

Quote from: John Kimble on July 11, 2020, 11:16:12 AM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 08, 2020, 10:30:18 PM
If one takes on a mission within a game, one should really try to learn the rules first. It's no good choosing to play as a wolf if the game calls for a fox.

Just a thought but have you ever considered immortalising some of your musings on a piece of distressed wood? You could get yourself a nice little cottage industry up and running and supply exclusively to, say, Meadows and Byrne.

That's okay, I already have a sweet little money spinner ghost-writing platitudes for Dr. Jordan Peterson. His 12 Rules for Life will soon be available as wood signs though, you'll be happy to know:

Cool, do you have anything with the lobster stuff he does?

"Consider the lobsters of the sea, how they organize into hierarchies: they protest not, they cancel not; and yet I say unto you, that Hitler in all his glory was no more authoritarian than one of these."

Sung to the strains of 'Under the Sea' from The Little Mermaid?

Fuck you that got instantly stuck in my head!

#508 July 11, 2020, 02:25:57 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 07:23:59 PM by mugz

Washington Redskins are to change their name and logo, as it's deemed offensive to Native Americans. This, in spite of 90% of that group not being offended by the name or the word. BBC of course try to spin it as being a progressive move, on closer inspection it's clearly because Nike, Amazon and others withdrawing distribution and sponsorship. I fail to understand why theses companies take it upon themselves to be offended on behalf of other people.

Incidentally, Native Americans have more reason than most to feel aggrieved about what happened to their ancestors, but if they largely don't give a shit about the team name, I wish these woke companies would just fuck off with the morality arbitration.