Unless you genuinely believe Sandy Hook, amongst christ knows how many other things, was a hoax, then xomparing - as though they were on equal footing but on differing sides of a spectrum - InfoWars with The Guardian (clearly flawed as it is) is ludicrous.

I don't know if Trump intended to mock that reporter. I would think him capable of it, though. Also, before the impersonation, he did say, "You gotta see this guy respond...", 'see' being the operative verb. And, in the Fox vid trying to wash his reputation, it's telling that the video excerpt in which he most closely reennacts the same gestures is not an instance prior to the accusing incident but rather a few months after; Fox build to that one, then bounce back in time to show the original clip. Funny how they needed to wait around for a few months to gather the material needed to exonerate him on that score, no? Not conclusive, but certainly has an air of orchestration about it:

https://youtu.be/CsaB3ynIZH4

#586 August 09, 2020, 08:14:43 PM Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 08:44:03 PM by Caomhaoin
I didn't directly compare infowars to the guardian. Again, which you know perfectly well, and, sigh, off on the daft wee laddie retort train again(for which there was absolutely no need for, as I wasn't being in the least bit argumentative but hey, that's your patter). I also never said I believe everything they say, just in a matey way, asked you to check out a video of a hyper freedom warrior who would exasperate the bejesus out of you.

You are fake news.

That's also a facetious claim, you can't possibly know for certain if he made that gesture before the one in question, unless you have recorded footage of every live event that he has spoken at. There are other sources related to this which I'll provide forthwith. EDIT forget it, my crystal ball tells me you will rubbish any conservative source (as I suppose you have every right to), so I'll leave you off to research the issue further yourself.

Fair dues for saying you don't know either way.

Out of curiosity, why would you consider him 'capable of it'? Has he mocked other people with disabilities, or is just a throwaway remark based on your dislike of the man? I mean, anyone is 'capable' of it in theory. I'm sure if we both said, with 100% honesty, the five worst things we've done in our lives, more than a few eyebrows would be raised, and that's putting it mildly.

Skip the InfoWars thing then; your sentence addressed to Ducky and me read like a comparison between X and Y to the right and Z and W to the left.

QuoteThat's also a facetious claim, you can't possibly know for certain if he made that gesture before the one in question, unless you have recorded footage of every live event that he has spoken at.

The Fox video I posted has dated clips; the least similar ones are from before the fact, the most similar - the one they build to - from after the fact, meaning it is logically worthless as defense since it could have been staged for precisely that purpose. Elementary.

QuoteOut of curiosity, why would you consider him 'capable of it'? Has he mocked other people with disabilities, or is just a throwaway remark based on your dislike of the man? I mean, anyone is 'capable' of it in theory. I'm sure if we both said, with 100% honesty, the five worst things we've done in our lives, more than a few eyebrows would be raised, and that's putting it mildly.

Trump in rally mode is capable of doing and saying just about anything he thinks will garner approbation from the crowd; he's capable of it as a narcissist. The guy thinks he's hilarious and needs that to be constantly reinforced. Certainly, that's how he plays his rallies. I get your "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" thing, but in the circumstance it carries about as much weight as "if you haven't recorded a better album yourself, you can't have an opinion." Trump is being critiqued as a President (and I don't mean that in a utopian naïve way either).

Let's just agree that he's an absolute legend and leave it at that

He is funny, although the comrades will never admit it :)

He's not remotely funny.  He's hateful.

Yeah, how can something so wrong feel so right 🤣

Best thing the democrats can do is keep him wrapped up in cotton wool and under no circumstances have him humiliate himself in a debate. Not being a total geebag like Hilary and not being Trump could well be enough to get him over the line.

I don't think there will be a debate, Trump would eat him alive. The DNC said they want tax returns or something in return for the debates. Fuckin' spoilsports.

Sure Biden hasn't a clue what's going on anyhow.
You know uh ya hey man you know the thing 😄

If they introduced live fact-checking he'd have a harder time eating Biden alive. Or just talking, for that matter. That said, Biden puts his foot in it just as much as Trump, unfortunately in a way that revolts rather than thrills his voter base.

He's also a dirty auld fucker.

Who would do the fact checking, though, you and HuffPo? You can prove anything with 'facts'!

Anyone with access to the sources Trump claims to be citing when he says whatever pops into his head.