She needs to up her game a notch if she wants to hit that Angel of Death scream by Araya. Poor dozy bitch.

Quote from: pete on February 27, 2021, 12:31:13 PM
https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1365208101939523585

This comment is all there is to all of it:
QuoteAbsolutely amazing marketing by Hasbro, I mean one tweet and boom worldwide coverage. Whoever came up with this has earned their bonus. People need to realise no corporation care about you or your feelings. Their sole reason for being is to enrich their shareholders. That's it...

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on February 27, 2021, 12:41:52 PM
Quote from: pete on February 27, 2021, 12:31:13 PM
https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1365208101939523585

This comment is all there is to all of it:
QuoteAbsolutely amazing marketing by Hasbro, I mean one tweet and boom worldwide coverage. Whoever came up with this has earned their bonus. People need to realise no corporation care about you or your feelings. Their sole reason for being is to enrich their shareholders. That's it...

So are we safe to say, whether you're anti-capitalist or anticensorship it's a cuntish move?

Although I'm not really invested in the story at all. I'll only get riled if they mess with He-Man. He's ripe for the picking, though.

I think he's already homoerotic enough as it is.

Pronoun-Person has a bit of a ring to it though if they fancy giving him a reboot

Here's an odd one:
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/prison-service-attempts-to-get-staff-facebook-group-removed-over-racist-posts-1.4493095

Current opinions as to what can be executed off the back of private social media content would have you believe that prison management could just go straight after the offenders in question with disciplinary action. Even more prevalent perspectives would have us believe that Facebook could, and would be only too willing to, slap bans on any of these offenders. It would seem that, whatever about something being wrong with certain screws, there actually is still something "right" with protection of speech in certain social media circles. Is it that there's a big difference in community guidelines between publicly and privately published content??

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on February 27, 2021, 04:21:34 PM
Here's an odd one:
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/prison-service-attempts-to-get-staff-facebook-group-removed-over-racist-posts-1.4493095

prison management could just go straight after the offenders in question with disciplinary action.

This would be as far as I'd like to see it go. If it's a private group, should they not be allowed post whatever they want? They're all clearly like-minded. Facebook should only get involved if the group starts publishing stuff publicly. That'd be my opinion anyway.

In one of our work groups on Whatsapp, just a handful of the lads of us really, what we discuss wouldn't be suitable for public consumption. GDPR would have a hop off us too, probably, but because it's private I don't see a problem with it. Maybe others do, maybe they can also fuck off.

Whatever people think about free speech, and I do believe in it for the most part, I also thing privacy is something that should be respected.

"This film has outdated attitudes, language and cultural depictions which may cause offence today."

Sky vs. The Goonies.

Quote from: Carnage on February 28, 2021, 09:19:25 PM
"This film has outdated attitudes, language and cultural depictions which may cause offence today."

Sky vs. The Goonies.

What is it in the goonies that could cause offense now a days? Its not the Asian kid is it?

Wait, the Gonnies didn't have a black friend. Racist fucks.

Yeah, that and the truffle shuffle is probably fat-shaming.

It's The fucking Goonies though, for jaysus' sake. Star Trek IV gets the same 'warning'.

I meant to post about the Harry Shearer thing the other day when I read it but I must've been distracted by a shiny thing.

I read a report in the Guardian about it. Shearer has played Hibbert on and off for 30 years (along with other characters). At one point he was being paid $400,000 an episode - after the series had gone to the shit - and then threatened to quit when they had to take a pay cut to a mere $300k per episode. Imagine that... THREE HUNDRED GRAND times 20 plus residuals etc. per year to do lest than an hour's work a week. A lot of the Simpson's voice talent have sound booths in their own houses at this stage so they are literally phoning it in.

Anyway... I couldn't give a shit if he does Hibbert or not. But I presume that because he's not gay, German, a Protestant minister or a cat, Harry will have to give up those roles too?

Quote from: Carnage on February 28, 2021, 10:46:04 PM
Yeah, that and the truffle shuffle is probably fat-shaming.

It's The fucking Goonies though, for jaysus' sake. Star Trek IV gets the same 'warning'.

It's pretty old news at this stage. Here's a run down of the list, just to get them all out of the way in one go. Personally, I'll take a lip-service warning over any kind of edit any day:

QuoteSky, the Comcast-backed pay-TV broadcaster in the U.K., has added "outdated attitudes" disclaimers to a batch of films, including the original animated "Jungle Book," "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and "The Last Samurai."

Upon searching for Disney's "The Jungle Book" on movie service Sky Cinema, a description now reads, "This film has outdated attitudes, language and cultural depictions which may cause offence today."

A check of nascent streamer Disney Plus, whose content is also available on Sky under the companies' output deal, shows that that service already makes clear that films such as the original "Jungle Book" "contains outdated cultural depictions." As previously reported, Disney had the warnings in place around the 2019 launch of the streamer.

Altogether, some 16 films on Sky Cinema now have an attached disclaimer, including Disney's 1941 animated film "Dumbo;" kids' classic "The Goonies;" Christopher Walken's "Balls of Fury;" Eddie Murphy's "Trading Places" and sci-fi sequel "Aliens."

Other films include the original animated film "Aladdin;" 1939's controversial classic "Gone With the Wind;" Peter O'Toole's "Lawrence of Arabia;" Ben Stiller's "Tropic Thunder;" "The Jazz Singer" from 1927; Shirley Temple-starring "The Littlest Rebel;" Disney's "The Lone Ranger" and 1980's "Flash Gordon."