You hush yo' mouth, chile!

Bestial Devastation and Morbid Visions are dogshit alright, but Schizophrenia is fantastic, my go-to Sepultura for a while now. Yes, it's still a bit rough compared to the following albums but it's the first quality release of theirs, due in no small part to gaining a guitarist who could actually play. Love it.

Yeah I treat Beneath the Remains as their true debut. Schizophrenia was - at best - formative, MV/BD is straight up dogshit.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on July 24, 2020, 12:57:42 PM
Quote from: StrangersWithGuns on July 24, 2020, 12:13:12 PM
Im really late to the party on Sepultura. In younger days I heard the track "Roots" which I know to be their biggest track and that it was dirt. Then I heard a load of soulfy and was told it was the guy from Sepultura, was just lazy and never ventured any further. Have started getting bet into chaos ad. Have to say though none of the guitar work has blown me away, just the songs have been good and the drumming is amazing. What album should I venture to next. Might just go in order from 1.
Beneath The Remains, then on to Arise.
I'd then start with the new album Quadra (2020) and work your way back with all the Derrick Green (vocals) stuff.
The very first two albums aren't really worth checking out imho....

Nice one man.
Play the Academy July 13th

Didn't care for 'Chaos AD' at the time, thought it a bit sluggish and dull, still do. That's where I departed from Sepultura to be honest, best for me is 'Schizophrenia', 'Beneath..' or 'Arise', stock answer but hey, just never got into the Derrick Green era either. Some of what I heard from 'Dante' was good though.

can't understand what everyone seems to have against Against.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on July 30, 2020, 08:51:51 PM
:abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: RoooooTSSSS....

https://youtu.be/yoYryRRByqY

Amazing  :laugh: you can see all he wants are adult lungs just to roar the frustration out of him..class!

Quote from: Carnage on July 24, 2020, 02:10:01 PM
Bestial Devastation and Morbid Visions are dogshit alright, but Schizophrenia is fantastic, my go-to Sepultura for a while now. .

Schizophrenia is great. I couldn't disagree more about the other two.

Ya, I'm with Lamb. First two are far from dogshit.

The drum video of yer man is savage. Derrick Green's vocals, even as background, are terrible.

I have not been able to get into any Sepultura album after Max left due to Green's vocals.  Some of the music maybe as good as the Max Era, but his vocals just ruin it for me.

The vocals are certainly not for everyone. He certainly has more range than Max though and allows them to be a lot more versatile in their songwriting.

Tried that latest album again yesterday and it does nothing for me. Great drumming but just don't want to hear it. Any of it. Haha.

The Seps cover of  Motorheads  Orgasmatron is the greatest cover ever done imo.
was a huge Motorhead fan in the 90s and a mate of mine gave me a Seps mix tape with Orgasmatron on it.
I wore that fucker out, thought it was the best thing Id ever heard.
lead me to get Beneath the remains which remains one of my all time favourite albums.
Crist the 90s were great!
Have to agree with some of the other posts though, I cant suffer Greens vocals at all.

Beneath the remains is my favourite album but I find myself listening to the Derrick Greene era a lot these days,  especially Roorback and Quadra.