So one tit being aggressive with his oul lad bouncer is representative of the entire metal scene or the rest of the crowd who left him at it were wankers for not kicking his, and his oul lad's, bollocks in? Or they were both wankers for the opposite reasons? Or... or...

They should have followed them home, broke into their houses at a later date, drugged them, then cut out their kidneys then let them wake up in a bath of ice with a telephone and a number to call.

The phone number would be bogwizzards who would laugh and call them wankers down the phone.

Be mega awesome.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on February 26, 2020, 05:29:11 PM
Quote from: hellfire on February 20, 2020, 03:45:03 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 31, 2020, 10:55:08 AM
It's what you said.  You think that people are trying to out-metal you with their t-shirts and discussion of old and obscure bands.  In my experience, when I go to gigs,  I meet up with other metal heads who I probably haven't seen in a while,  we have a rake of pints (oppressive elitist pints by the looks of this thread) and catch up by discussing metal bands old and new.  If that is somehow offensive to someone else for some obscure reason, well,  I dunno... tough shit.  It's a metal gig!

I like when people bring up bands I don't know. A lot of the time I check out these bands. I got accused of being an "eletist prick" years ago and "not supporting the Waterford scene". Lamb of God and the like don't exist in my universe, I don't care if you love them. I'm also not turning out to see some loathsome toss by a band who think Slipknot are the apex of extreme metal.

Stall the fucking ball one second..THE WATERFORD SCENE????  Tell me more. Especially given how my not overly metal  half Waterford band couldnt get a gig in our hometown when we tried? :laugh:

Only saw this now. There was a very lame attempt at one from around 2008 to 2010. Made by wankers for wankers.

I remember after one of the Winterfests in Cork Alan Averill was outside the venue and he was mouthing out him, and he was telling one of the lads out of a local band to "go home" to which he replied "I am home". Mr. Nemtheanga shut up and fucked off after that. It was hilarious  :laugh:
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

After hearing about Ireland Metal Heads I'm never saying anything bad about this forum EVER AGAIN.!!

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on January 28, 2021, 09:56:14 AM
After hearing about Ireland Metal Heads I'm never saying anything bad about this forum EVER AGAIN.!!

Yep have been following that particular shitshow with a bag of popcorn!

Quote from: Collie45 on January 28, 2021, 08:26:21 PM
Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on January 28, 2021, 09:56:14 AM

Yep have been following that particular shitshow with a bag of popcorn!
Thankfully I never bothered with FB or Twitter or any of that shite.

Is that an FB group? I've never heard of it but morbidly curious

Quote from: astfgyl on January 28, 2021, 08:40:18 PM
Is that an FB group? I've never heard of it but morbidly curious
https://forum.metalwarfare.com/index.php?topic=1513.0

Do you just lurk the Off Topic astfygl?  :laugh:

Yeah. I hardly look at the main page lately, as much as I still listen to metal. Hardly ever a Godflesh appreciation thread on it.

#146 January 31, 2021, 04:10:27 PM Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 04:37:58 PM by El_ogre_del_Dublinios
I find that most of the people who complain about "elitists" are people who think showing off to 15 year olds in fibbers is the epitome of the Irish scene and who's taste in music and opinions comes straight out of metal hammer opinion pieces. Just my experience of things but I do understand that the ultra hardcore fanatics of metal can come across as  intimidating or abrasive to some.

Quote from: El_ogre_del_Dublinios on January 31, 2021, 04:10:27 PM
I find that most of the people who complain about "elitists" are people who think showing off to 15 year olds in fibbers is the epitome of the Irish scene and who's taste in music and opinions comes straight out of metal hammer opinion pieces. Just my experience of things but I do understand that the ultra hardcore fanatics of metal can be about intimidating or abrasive to some.

At least nobody could ever find you intimidating or abrasive  :laugh:

Quote from: Toeshaver General on January 31, 2021, 04:29:15 PM
Quote from: El_ogre_del_Dublinios on January 31, 2021, 04:10:27 PM
I find that most of the people who complain about "elitists" are people who think showing off to 15 year olds in fibbers is the epitome of the Irish scene and who's taste in music and opinions comes straight out of metal hammer opinion pieces. Just my experience of things but I do understand that the ultra hardcore fanatics of metal can be about intimidating or abrasive to some.

At least nobody could ever find you intimidating or abrasive  :laugh:

Touché my man,

https://www.loudersound.com/features/meat-loaf-a-flying-wheelchair-and-the-greatest-story-ever-told

QuoteThe rural rock­ers of Ire­land, in par­tic­u­lar, are the type of loyal fan every star craves. So long as there's a fella throw­ing shapes with a loud gui­tar and an act who'll play the hits, they'll go for it.