#180 September 01, 2020, 03:04:19 PM Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 03:07:55 PM by Juggz
Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on September 01, 2020, 02:55:18 PM
When was this orginaly supposed to happen? Was it February 2019?
Was it not the year before? I remember the bullshit about the ticket price escalating based on demand from the old forum. It was supposed to be early 2018, I think.

Edit -> Nope, January 2019

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0903/991256-ozzy-osbourne-kicking-off-farewell-tour-in-dublin/

Quote from: Hank Hill on September 01, 2020, 07:41:23 AM
There's not a chance  this will happen. Ticketmaster and Sharon are sitting on the interest that the ticket sales have generated.
Wouldn't be surprised if they reschedule it to 2022 so they can prolong this saga even longer.

Ticketbastard and MCD promoting gigs that have no chance of happening in order to keep them afloat and poor Ozzy, God Bless Him, isn't fit to tour and probably never will again sadly. I also have tickets for the Black Crowes in October and complete silence from MCD on whether it's cancelled or rescheduled. We would all love gigs to resume but we know ain't going to happen this year bar a vaccine for the whole country however the promotors are living in another reality!

Just about to be rebooked for 2022, apparently.

No refunds!

Ozzy's corpse will be wheeled out like a marionette. Sharon in the rafters holding the strings.

Quote from: Lefttodie on October 13, 2020, 01:28:25 PM
Just about to be rebooked for 2022, apparently.

No refunds!

FFS - Should be charging Ticketmaster interest at this stage. >:(

I always thought you were entitled to a refund if its rescheduled?

They changed that a while back, on the quiet. If it's rescheduled, no refunds.

Saying that, if you bought the ticket before the change, then legally they'd have to refund you if it was in the terms and conditions at the time.

Surely if you can't make it to the rescheduled date they'd be obliged to give you a refund?

I think it depends on the promoter and ticket agent. I had two tickets in the run-up to lockdown. One was for Desertfest in London which they rescheduled to 2021. I contacted them and told them I was in a different country with no guarantee of being able to get into the country and they refunded me straight away, no fuss at all. The other was via Ticketmaster for a gig in Amsterdam. It was postponed with no rescheduled date. After 6 months and still no rescheduled date, it was finally cancelled a few weeks ago. I have had to go through the Ticketmaster refund process and, as of now, have yet to receive my refund from them. As always, Ticketmaster appear to be least interested in any form of customer service. I think I will just skip anything through Ticketmaster in the future, when there are gigs. They're such a shitty business and I'm fed up sustaining their shit, albeit in a very miniscule way, with my cash.

Quote from: Juggz on October 14, 2020, 09:00:32 AM
I think it depends on the promoter and ticket agent. I had two tickets in the run-up to lockdown. One was for Desertfest in London which they rescheduled to 2021. I contacted them and told them I was in a different country with no guarantee of being able to get into the country and they refunded me straight away, no fuss at all. The other was via Ticketmaster for a gig in Amsterdam. It was postponed with no rescheduled date. After 6 months and still no rescheduled date, it was finally cancelled a few weeks ago. I have had to go through the Ticketmaster refund process and, as of now, have yet to receive my refund from them. As always, Ticketmaster appear to be least interested in any form of customer service. I think I will just skip anything through Ticketmaster in the future, when there are gigs. They're such a shitty business and I'm fed up sustaining their shit, albeit in a very miniscule way, with my cash.

The lads who run ticketing for Desertfest Berlin/Keep It Low Munich are dead on. Never had a problem with them. Once I even missed the early bird ticket sale, chanced my arm and emailed them - they sold me three tickets at the discount price.

Ticketmaster are cunts. Ditto Viagogo/StubHub - I had tickets to go see an ice hockey game in New York in March. I was in NYC as the shit hit the fan, the match was postponed and I had to get the fuck out of there anyway. I got an email for StubHub saying that the match would be rescheduled so I wasn't entitled to a refund.

Then another mail saying the game would not be rescheduled and therefore I would be issued a StubHub credit (minus admin fees of $29) to be used in the currency of the country that the event would be held in - i.e the US - to be used within 6 months (optimistic).

I badgered them on Twitter and by email until I got through to someone who saw sense and agreed to a refund but not before I proved that I was in the US at the time of the cancelled event. I got an email saying "Your request could take up to 120 days to process".

I swear to Yahweh - on the 120th day from the acknowledgment of the refund my credit card showed the $300 back.

Heard rumours it's been rescheduled to 2022 although we all know Ozzy's going to be no condition for anything in 2 years time.

Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on October 17, 2020, 01:24:04 PM
Heard rumours it's been rescheduled to 2022 although we all know Ozzy's going to be no condition for anything in 2 years time.

he has been in no condition for the last 3 years and hes in no condition now...never mind in 2 years time...

True, but at least back in 2017 he made it to the stage.  I don't think he'll make 2022.