Seemingly anything from the event which identifies anyone has been removed, aside from the first pic of the cubicle threesome. The speedbag training video isn't related to this, sadly.

Ah don't tell.me that  :laugh:

Mate of mine sent me on a vid of a couple going at it in a jacks. Why anyone would want to watch, film or actually take part in it is beyond me. Toilet filled with piss, the floors manky, and it's clear they're putting on a show for anyone who wants to watch. Amazing what drink and drugs do to people really  :laugh:

'Break the skin of civilization and you find the ape roaring and red handed'.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on January 06, 2020, 02:31:07 PM
I've seen a few clips now, apparently everyone was monged off their faces on coke.

You've seen the ball punching video.

There's another clip of a lad riding a supervisor in the jacks, he actually looks at the camera a few times but is so out of it doesn't cop it.

I've seen this video and it's not from this party. It's actual from last year in a pub local to me here.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on January 07, 2020, 05:44:58 AM
Yer man looks like a coked up gimp.

The country is in the middle of a coke epidemic and seems to be getting worse every time I go home. I remember when I was younger I dabbled in a few things just like I am sure most others that post here did at one stage or another, one group of lads I hung around with were all GAA heads they gave me shit all the time now I go back and these are lads that are on the bag every time they go to the pub. The amount of junkies around my home town as well was just a disgrace (more heroin than coke) not to mention the drug war that is going on. The country is rapidly going down the toilet.

Quote from: mickO))) on January 08, 2020, 10:27:30 PM

The country is in the middle of a coke epidemic and seems to be getting worse every time I go home. I remember when I was younger I dabbled in a few things just like I am sure most others that post here did at one stage or another, one group of lads I hung around with were all GAA heads they gave me shit all the time now I go back and these are lads that are on the bag every time they go to the pub. The amount of junkies around my home town as well was just a disgrace (more heroin than coke) not to mention the drug war that is going on. The country is rapidly going down the toilet.
Don't mind the state of the country so much after a bag  :laugh:

Well until it's time to pay up.

Quote from: mickO))) on January 08, 2020, 10:27:30 PM

I'm an optimistic person and there's so much I love about Ireland, but it does strike me everytime I go home just how out of control so much stuff is. A night out can be a sketchy affair. People go to mad levels of excess and I'm not saying it doesn't happen anywhere else, but the violence and general lunacy is probably only matched in other English speaking countries that I've been to, young Aussies are lunatics for drugs, Yanks it can depend, the Brits can be nuts aswell.

I was reading about that young Down footballer that was operated on for a brain bleed after an altercation over Christmas..some krav maga wanker decided it was ok to beat him to a pulp. Now that's Newry, and no offence, but it's rough as a badger's arse. Still though, it's always a luck of the draw thing over Christmas. Christmas itself can be ropey as fuck, I've had 2 Dec 24ths in my life where I ended up thumping lads and I just avoid it now. Seen some awful shit kick off throughout the years on those nights too. Coupla drinks and away home to the fireplace nowadays, maybe I'm just getting old  :laugh:

Spain is pretty fucked up too, tbh. The things that happen during various fiestas there, jaysus!

The wildness at fiestas is bonkers but your regular Saturday night walking down the street doesn't usually result in a fight for your life. Now, all that said, I'm not out discoing til all hours, so I don't encounter it to the same level. Villages and small.towns, I'm sure get crazy and the drug use is through the roof here. Is your fine lady Basque? Wild out up there they are. I heard it gets rough. In terms of attacking and dismembering animals, Spaniards in general are absolute masters of that. Like living in the middle ages here some days.

Riojan, they've a fierce reputation for the recreationals! And even on a regular Saturday night, I'd prefer to be a woman walking alone in an Irish city than a Spanish one.

Is casual drink violence getting worse in Ireland? Always used to be seen as something that distinguished us from the four UK countries. Of course there were always a few head-the-ball exceptions in Ireland too, but overall there was less of otherwise "normal" people giving it aggro and being encouraged in it than you'd see in towns around the UK.

[quoteIs casual drink violence getting worse in Ireland][/quote]

It seems to be. And that's not a hysterical opinion - all you have to do is look over the news for the past few years, it's not hard to find accounts of deaths releated to violent assault especially where drink/drugs are involved. There's always been violence, no doubt there but it seems these days that people have to absolutely mangle each other. I can think of two clips that emerged last year on public transport no less where someone was beaten to an absolute pulp.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on January 09, 2020, 12:44:02 PM
[quoteIs casual drink violence getting worse in Ireland]

It seems to be. And that's not a hysterical opinion - all you have to do is look over the news for the past few years, it's not hard to find accounts of deaths releated to violent assault especially where drink/drugs are involved. There's always been violence, no doubt there but it seems these days that people have to absolutely mangle each other. I can think of two clips that emerged last year on public transport no less where someone was beaten to an absolute pulp.
[/quote]

Is it getting worse though or is it just being publicised more? Back years ago I had more than a few dodgy Nitelink trips, and seen taxi rank bust ups or just drunk assholes beating the fuck out of each other in the small hours, just that no one would have been putting them up on social media.

It's been a few years though since I've been out regularly in town, so it very well could be worse but I remember it alway being quite bad

Quote from: trev
Is it getting worse though or is it just being publicised more? Back years ago I had more than a few dodgy Nitelink trips, and seen taxi rank bust ups or just drunk assholes beating the fuck out of each other in the small hours, just that no one would have been putting them up on social media.

It's been a few years though since I've been out regularly in town, so it very well could be worse but I remember it alway being quite bad
I think this is on the money. Things were done and quickly forgotten in the past. Crazy shit was always happening, it just wasn't recorded and regurgitated to be sensationalised at will in perpetuity. At one xmas do here about 10 years ago a lad was twisted and tried to drive a car through the doors of the hotel, got fired, etc and it just dissolved into folklore. It never trended on social media, you know? Only those that saw it really can recall it. Admittedly, I don't hang out late around town these days but I don't see the kind of violence at gigs that used to be taken for granted outside McGonagles. I don't feel a threat in Gardiner Street or Summerhill like there used to be or any of the other former no-go zones around town.

What I'm saying is there was always violence but now it routinely ends in murder.

I've witnessed lots myself, but these day it seems to end with someone dancing on a victims head until they're completely annihilated.