Quote from: Pedrito on January 09, 2020, 09:25:08 AM

I was reading about that young Down footballer that was operated on for a brain bleed after an altercation over Christmas..some krav maga wanker decided it was ok to beat him to a pulp. Now that's Newry, and no offence, but it's rough as a badger's arse.

Saw the video of that at work today, fucking hell, the sound his head makes as it hits the road.  Guy charged with assault? Should be attempted murder.

It's funny, and people will say I'm overreacting, but I'm thinking about it now, and I couldn't wait to get the fuck out of Dublin after living there for the guts of 15 years. I'm from Drogheda and that can be sketchy on a Saturday night, but Dublin was always riddled with scum. Now, I love the place, and I really like Dublin people, some of the nicest, most decent people you'll ever meet(generalisation, but loads.of really decent ppl). That said, the place is rife with lunatics and scumbags..some of them native, others imported from about the country and I'm sure immigration is piling on top.of that too. I often wonder if I'll go back home to live in Ireland but even the thought of going back anywhere near Dublin gives me the jitters.

In my opinion Drogheda has always been worse than Dublin for a night out over the years I rarely had any trouble in Dublin. Hadn't much trouble in Drogheda either but always see shit going on, on almost every night out or hear about it from other people.

Yep it's ropey. I think, like Dublin, you just gotta have your wits about you too and stay away from certain areas. Though I usually lived North side of Dublin, I tried to stay away from being around the Connolly station part of Dublin too late at night. Another spot that I used always walk home through was up past Fibbers, Gardiner street etc. Never had any issues, but, again, it's hardly ideal. The South side of the city, generally safer, though I remember living up out the back.of Whelans and you'd see loads of sketchy shit going on. It's a great city, the nightlife is second to none, great place to get locked and get yer hoooole, but, yeah, you're never far off an altercation or an issue of some sort and you got to know when to cross the street and keep your wits about you.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on January 09, 2020, 08:58:25 PM
Where's that video?

A guy showed it to us at work today, someone sent it to him on Whatsapp. Probably only a matter of time til it shows up on Facebook.

So it's not just me then  :laugh:

QuoteMr Aydin says he enjoyed working behind the till while at college and that the late-night antics among customers "aren't as bad as people make them out to be". "Nearly all kebab shops have security after 1am but I don't see the need for it because there aren't as many problems as there used to be. We used to hear stories of fights between customers but we don't see that anymore. People seem more chilled."

RIP Iskanders

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/dublin-s-late-night-kebab-shop-iskander-s-to-close-after-nearly-three-decades-1.4137311?mode=amp