Anyone else enjoying this? Have to say I'm really impressed with it! Maybe it's the fact that they've been away such a long time and my expectations weren't much, but it's on the deck here yet again. Can't help thinking the desire to repeat listen is greater than it has been when a new Exodus, Testament, Metallica etc drops

Yeah, it's quality, have been digging it since it came out. The songs came across really well at the gig, too.

:laugh:  No, it's genuinely decent and has worked for me repeatedly since it came out whereas the last few Exodus, Testament, Metallica, Slayer, etc have been a listen-once-and-never-again kind of thing. There was always a lot more to them than the joke band tag they got lumbered with and they have carried that intelligent songwriting through even with the new lineup. H is a smart fella, very decent lyric writer.

That's exactly it, the songwriting is spot on here. Every track has something to offer.

That last Metallica album is a chore to get through whereas when I finish this I want to listen to it again!

It's fantastic, the best comeback album I can think of for a long time. Up there with Slomatics for metal album of the year for me.

Raging I missed the gig, just couldn't manage it at the time. Did anyone else pick up the Anthology boxset they released just after the album? Great to have all of their back catalogue in one place.

Nah, I picked up the Obnoxious t-shirt with the 1991 tour dates  :laugh:

I saw the Anthology box but I bought the albums back in the day, bought the CD reissues from 10 or so years ago, I don't need to buy those songs again  ;)

I had the albums on tape but it's a decent way to get all on CD (first time for Moshkinstein, I think?), plus the advantage this one has over the last one (The Apple Core Archives or something like that) is that it has the new tracks and a few more demos & live tracks thrown in.

It's  the business, way better than what I'd hoped for,  absolute massive fan of 'Obnoxious' here , new one is the second best in their discography now for me. Easily.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Was a fan (and still am) of 'The Fear', got the vinyl still. Have not heard anything new by the band but am interested to investigate based on the positive comments here.  It's not the old lineup I believe?

Just H and four new guys. I got a bit of a (later) Anthrax buzz off some of the tracks, decide for yourself whether that's a good or bad thing.

Can't see  how any old fans of the band wouldn't like the new  one
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Exactly. It's a great addition to their legacy without ignoring or deriving from what went before.