What's the best source online for album reviews be it signed or unsigned bands? I really relied on Metal Ireland for reviews. Really miss it now I have to say.  Might start buying the aul metal magazines again even.

#1 September 14, 2019, 09:12:35 PM Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 09:15:29 PM by Don Gately
Angry metal guy. Invisible oranges. No clean singing . Are some I dip in to.

Toiletovhell

Invisible oranges

Cvltnation

Heavyblogisheavy

I find metal storm pretty good but they tend to be pretty infrequent about reviews. Used to like Angry Metal Guy but they got into a weird obsession about album length that seemed to cloud a lot of their opinions

I go by recommendations from trusted friends (some of whom review for various magazines/sites TBF) but obviously just check out most stuff myself.

I tend to only read reviews in ZT these days when sitting on the jacks.  Occasionally I'll skim over a review in Metal Archives if I want to get the gist of what a band plays that I haven't yet heard,  but most stuff is on YouTube or bandcamp so I'll tend to listen to things instead of reading about them.  I think a lot of reviews online aren't that illuminating.  Everything is the best thing since sliced cabbage or the reviewer describes it in a completely meaningless way- anti-cosmic pro-apocalyptic dreamlike swirling chaos of demonic supernovaearthquakeabomination...

I'm in the "just stream it and see camp".

For recommendations i check out stuff posted by us great big bunch of lovelies, the metal sub on Reddit and one or two mates still balls deep into the art of hearing a crackin' choon.