This album was 20 years old on September 6th! Just wondering what people think of it?

I love the album, was such a departure from their first 3 and definitely that at the time was definitely hated by many.

I think its also had a huge infulence on the Thorns album.
Snorre did all the Synth and ambient stuff on Rebel. They both have the same Industrial sound.

I was a big fan of it,havent listened to it years now though.Loved the DVD that got released  back then too,when they toured with Pantera.Id probably reach for Volcano ahead of RE now.

Cool record, holds up,  still have a copy of Roadkill Extravaganza  on VHS too. Bald Satyr on the cover of Terrorizer and Frost looking like an old lady :laugh:
Think its more Snorres influence on Satyricon rather than the other way round though.

Quote from: Weltenfeind on September 07, 2019, 10:55:41 PM
Think its more Snorres influence on Satyricon rather than the other way round though.

Yeah probably more accurate to be fair. The Thorns album is stellar as well.

Definately an underated album I think. Was the first satyricon album I heard and one of theres that I always return to. Would love to hear some of the material off it live but they same to just ignore these days?

Quote from: keeper of kalessin on September 09, 2019, 09:54:01 AM
Definately an underated album I think. Was the first satyricon album I heard and one of theres that I always return to. Would love to hear some of the material off it live but they same to just ignore these days?

I believe they did a show in Norway not to long ago where they played the entire album from start to finish

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/satyricon-to-perform-entire-rebel-extravaganza-album-at-norways-tons-of-rock-festival/

But yes i think generally they tend not to include and song of this in their setlist

Quote from: BlackWizard on September 09, 2019, 10:25:24 PM

I believe they did a show in Norway not to long ago where they played the entire album from start to finish

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/satyricon-to-perform-entire-rebel-extravaganza-album-at-norways-tons-of-rock-festival/

But yes i think generally they tend not to include and song of this in their setlist

Would love to have seen that, would be great if they toured it! This whole thread has got me back listening to Thorns again too which is always a good thing. Think snorre only ever played thorns stuff live once with the satyricon lads at some stage too

Quote from: BlackWizard on September 09, 2019, 10:25:24 PM

Use to regularly play filthgrinder up until recently. I would imagine a lot of the songs from this album would be very difficult to play live especially the drumming.

I loved their early stuff and for me Nemesis is their peak - but Rebel was a very challenging album. To this day I dont like it much. A few good songs, but it never sat  with me.  Volcano was so much better than it - an amazing and totally overlooked album. Their mid period stuff is pretty meh but the self titled and most recent album's were beauties. Esp the self titled one. But Rebel... i dunno, I dont think i'll ever really "get it"

Volcano definitely an underrated album,the first 3 are absolutely essential!,RE is good,, nothing more nothing less imo.

Quote from: Floss on September 13, 2019, 05:04:20 PM
I loved their early stuff and for me Nemesis is their peak - but Rebel was a very challenging album. To this day I dont like it much. A few good songs, but it never sat  with me.  Volcano was so much better than it - an amazing and totally overlooked album. Their mid period stuff is pretty meh but the self titled and most recent album's were beauties. Esp the self titled one. But Rebel... i dunno, I dont think i'll ever really "get it"
Volcano is also a great album,probably the last good release,the rest of their stuff is meh.

A band I've only ever liked songs of,  I must admit. Black Lava is a Hell of a song.