I know, not quite as good as your story about been done by the auld dear and it ruining your day.

Were you at the show yourself Kimble?

Quote from: John Kimble on May 21, 2019, 01:25:35 PM
Quote from: Cryptic Stench on May 21, 2019, 12:10:37 AM
Two mutts in front of me we're going to film the whole show, one had a stick to hold his camera up. Instead of bitching about it in the pet peeves section I asked him to put the thing down and he did. True story.

Wow, incredible story. How on earth do you manage to be such a complete legend?
Fair play i say. It's annoying as feck when you're behind some pleb with a camera up most/all of the show. I'd say 95% of it never gets watched again anyway. Good on yer Stenchy.

Cracking gig.A band at the top of their game.

I wasn't at the gig, no, not that has any relevance whatsoever. Just in relation to the Pet Peeve thread, and it shouldn't really have to be explained to an adult at this stage, peeves are by their nature, somewhat petty and trivial which I fully acknowledge. That's kind of the point of the thread. However, making up non-existant scenarios just to illustrate a point is fairly pathetic, which is what I suspect you are up to here, given that you probably didn't say anything to that lad at all, in the unlikely event you were at the gig in the first place.

QuoteJust in relation to the Pet Peeve thread, and it shouldn't really have to be explained to an adult at this stage, peeves are by their nature, somewhat petty and trivial which I fully acknowledge. That's kind of the point of the thread

Dude, I was quite clearly yanking your chain in the Pet Peeve thread. All I'm doing is getting a rise out of you and you take the bait every time, talking about having to explain to an adult. Do you really think I'm that thick?

And yes, I was at the gig. Row G, Seat 17 and I did say it to the lad in F 17, no made up scenario there.

Outstanding gig, great venue, sound and performance.  Well worth waiting 27years for!  Great setlist, new stuff is excellent and slotted in perfectly.  DuVall is great, sounded excellent last night - they all did.

Yes, sonically speaking that was the best sound I've heard in that venue. Maybe Stone Temple Pilots in 2010 came close.

Inez seemed genuinely emotional at the end, he's posted a lot on instagram this week of getting his big break with Ozzy here in Dublin.

Jesus I can't remember the last time I witnessed such an awful excuse for a band, that opener was pathetic. Only sat through them cause I wanted to get up close and didn't want to loose my spot. Awful hipster female vocals mismatched with equally awful watered down smashing pumpkins riffs and solos. No one had even a hint of stage presence, the drummer was getting into it but he wasn't exactly playing anything remotely hard.  Alice in Chains were great, Perfect set, perfect performances, flawless vocals especially from Duvall.  Hope they don't take donkeys years to come back again.

I was late to the AIC table,Some of the footage doing the rounds looks great!,would love to have had hit this.

Great gig. One or 2 of the newer songs felt a bit lifeless but the rest of the set was excellent. DuVall is one cool dude

Cracking gig in Belfast last night. Fifth time seeing them and probably the best yet.

Not a fan of the Telegraph Building as a venue though, the sound could have been better

#57 May 22, 2019, 12:37:52 PM Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:03:43 PM by stevie-0

Good enough show, sound iffy enough at the start and no real buzz until they got 3/4 songs in. Dublin deffo looked like the better of the two shows.

Red Giant, It Ain't Like That and Nutshell all in a row totally killed the momentum of the show.
Dublin got We Die Young instead of It Ain't Like That, which would have easily got a better reception.
So Far Under is a much better song from Rainer Fog too, could have really made that trio of tracks a much better listen.

Was amazing to hear Heaven Beside You be in place of Your Decision though.

Telegraph Building is ok, kinda reminded me of some setup at a European fest where they'd stick all the black metal or hardcore bands.

Never touched the bar but seen every one on the Coors, were they pulling that stunt of 4 for £15 that they always do when they host a gig outside of the limelight?