A very medieval Monday yesterday with a couple of tracks from the new Obsequiae being released.

I'm liking it, despite it probably sounding like their most polished effort yet.  No big shift in style detected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ0VQ77XPGc

Liked this a great deal more than I expected to, as I find the whole twee folky melody element nauseating. But that tune is great.

That's stirring stuff,  indeed.  Tremendous bang of Forefather off it, right down to the programmed drums.  The vocals remind me more of Drudkh, or even a little bit of Sigrblot,  in their savagery. Maybe a little touch of Summoning and Falkenbach in there as well. 

Weird. They sound artificial to me, in terms of both production and the choice of patterns.

Took a few spins but I'm completely convinced by this now. They've nailed it with the first couple of tracks. I really like the guest spot from the Visigoth singer on the title track, very short but very effective. 

As for the drums, they've gotten in a new lad for drums on this and he's perfect I reckon, never overdoing it but lots of snappy double bass and good fills when needs be.

I can definitely see the very clean, almost sweet production putting a lot of people off, but if you liked any of their stuff before, then you'll find the keys, vocals and quality of the riffs are on another level here. They hit a great balance between metal songs and interludes.

Had a listen to this last week and there's too much of a folky minstrel bang off it.

This is great stuff. Really liking the Summoning Influence.

Really need to give this  a spin.

I saw they're donating their royalties to Doctors Without Borders for this album?very cool if true.

Yeah, 20 Buck Spin confirmed on Twitter that they're donating it all.

Talk about a nice way of using escapist art to make the world a slightly better place.