Picked up two tickets just there. Really liked Jugulator when it was released. Demolition less so. The two KK's Priest releases are really good too so we are in for a great night!

Tickets got :D Was watching the Bloodstock gig 2 weeks ago thinking it would be great to see them here. Can't wait.

Anyone here at Belfast? Hope it was a good night/turnout Looking fwd to tonight in Dublin. Grateful for stage times if anyone can post them.

Was at the Belfast show last night - took KK a song or two to get into the swing, maybe some sound issues with him being low in the mix initially, but once it got going it was great. He's definitely showing his age energy-wise but was note perfect, and you gotta respect a 72 year old Heavy Metal guitarist still out there touring when he could be relaxing playing golf!

When they did Priest classics like The Ripper, Sinner and Night Crawler it was phenomenal - Sinner being the real stand out with KK's extended solo section. Cool set up with video/light screens and sound was crystal clear.

Probably could have done without The Green Manalishi and the Joan Baez covers with 2 proper Priest classics in there instead. Approach to the intro for Diamonds & Rust was a bit weird with a kind of "soft sing along" vibe.

Rippers performance was phenomenal throughout, really on the money and would have loved to hear another Ripper era track like Bullet Train. Didn't really care for the KK's Priest original material, felt a bit Saxon/Manowar-y - just run of the mill stuff.

Overall great gig, but I wouldn't be rushing out to see them again unless it was a guaranteed set of bona fide Priest classics.

Thanks for the review from Belfast. Looks like Tailgunner on at 8 and KK's Priest at 9pm tonight

Really enjoyable night in Dublin. Not a huge turnout - upstairs was closed off. Band seemed to really enjoy it too. Sound was excellent and a pretty big production for the Academy (large screen and plenty of smoke!) Missed Judas Priest earlier this year so delighted to catch this. Also caught the tailend of Tailgunner - finished with a great version of Dio's 'Don't talk to strangers'

#22 August 22, 2024, 11:35:46 AM Last Edit: August 22, 2024, 11:44:53 AM by Bomberman
Really enjoyed the Dublin show yesterday...Tailgunner were one of the best openers I've seen, and they had really good sound as well...80s all the way, fast and melodic, guitar solos and whatnot, and the looks (haha)...really great stuff...KK's Priest as expected, super solid and awesome, massive production for the small venue, crystal clear sound, Ripper's singing was fantastic, song selection was good, though a few more Ripper era Priest ones (Cathedral Spires, Bullet Train for me) would have made it even more awesome...all in all a great night of metal mayhem with a cool dose of nostalgia...

Shame to hear it wasn't a strong turnout, particularly with the JP show having been highly revered earlier this year.

Perhaps some heads that might have shown up had blown their night out card at AC/DC just nights prior.

Yeah saw DME reposting this one a lot and was afraid sales not good.

One of the best gigs I've ever been to, between the brilliant sound,top tier vocals and brilliant performance from kk downing at 72 fucking years old I couldn't have been happier, had a quick few words with ripper after the gig sound guy