May have also been the night were a poor young Japanese girl, Tokyo Rose, ended up sharing a loud 8 bed dorm with 7 early morning arrival Irish pissheads, and you chastised her for opening her locked too loudly in the morning.

Quote from: BoobC on June 06, 2023, 06:47:19 PMMay have also been the night were a poor young Japanese girl, Tokyo Rose, ended up sharing a loud 8 bed dorm with 7 early morning arrival Irish pissheads, and you chastised her for opening her locked too loudly in the morning.

Haha! I remember her.. Blimey but she must have gotten some gunk when Niallo et al. arrived back.
I don't remember saying anything to her though. Maybe the wet shoes had frayed my patience.

Also, good to see you again lad! Hope you're keeping well! It's been way too long.

I rooted out Sub Templum here for the first time in over a decade I'd say. It was a bit of a disappointment for me when it came out. Nowhere near as all encompassing as Cthonic Rites, it seemed a little more tame by comparison, and not yet moving into the more uptempo (heh!) stuff that came soon after it. I also spent a bit of cash on the die hard vinyl and I thought it was weak compared to the die hard of Cthonic Rites. It all seemed a bit half arsed. I'm enjoying the tunes here now this morning, though. Grand with a cup of tae and the drizzle outside.

I went back to Cthonic Rites and Sub Templum a few months ago, would have been the first time in years I listened to either. I remember being the same, a lot less drawn in by Sub Templum but they both still sound great to me. Tons of nasty atmosphere but never felt over the top. Nicely stripped back and raw. I don't know of much that's done that kind of thing as well since. Been tempted by the records on Fuck Yoga, might be a good excuse to finally get that Bacterium record while I'm at it...

Is there any horrible sounding stuff like this from the last few years I might have missed?

Not really that I'm aware of. I can't say I've really searched for it though. I think the scene fizzled out along the way and got replaced by ultra heavy bands that lacked the evil. But I'm repeating myself now  :laugh:

I'm mostly into music as a way to repeat myself.
I think the last doom thing I got really into that had plenty of nastiness was Disrotted. Maybe more on the sludge side of things.

I never went any further than Sub Templum with Moss for some weird reason.