Quote from: Cryptic Stench on January 29, 2019, 08:19:47 AM
Someone mentioned the Rage, fucking kip of a place - aside from being overpriced they are arseholes to boot. They'd obviously caught on to the cassette resurgance a few years back and were looking for 10-15 for a second hand tape. Mental altogether. The last time I was in there was a copy of Cannibal Corpse's The Bleeding on cassette on the racks so I thought I'd make an exception for that, when I brought it to the counter the snide hipster serving me inserted a TDK cassette into the box, an arguement ensued, basically I was wrong, the cassette was still €15, I didn't know what I was talking about and I could fuck off elsewhere if I thought they were overcharging.
Jesus wept.  I was only in there last week for a nosey, the price on both their records and games are fucking sick.  I can also remember a used copy of NIN's The Fragile going in there a few years back for about 300 quid, whatever poor bastard bought that before the reissue got scalded anyway.

Secret Record & Books is a great little spot, for comparison I went there the same day and saw some great stuff at reasonable prices - Including the reissue of the Fragile for €60 :laugh:

I went into The Rage once,  saw the ludicrous prices and never returned.

My favourite place was always DTK in the Abbey Mall. Most of my early Metal collection is from there and the Soundcellar. Still have them all too.