Just listening to Inanna's brilliant Void of Unending Depths album. Six minutes into the track Underdimensional the vocalist starts screeching like Zed from Police Academy for 20 seconds! It completely destroyed the atmosphere for me. I was picturing Bobcat Goldthwait in the studio recording vocals with the band. The Zed vocals make another appearance in the next track, but mercifully only for a few seconds.

Any other examples of great tracks almost ruined by ridiculous vocals or instruments?

Quote from: Xworx on April 23, 2024, 04:33:10 PMJust listening to Inanna's brilliant Void of Unending Depths album. Six minutes into the track Underdimensional the vocalist starts screeching like Zed from Police Academy for 20 seconds! It completely destroyed the atmosphere for me. I was picturing Bobcat Goldthwait in the studio recording vocals with the band. The Zed vocals make another appearance in the next track, but mercifully only for a few seconds.

Any other examples of great tracks almost ruined by ridiculous vocals or instruments?

Dream Theatre.