Thought I'd start a new thread outside of the Ellefson one. I see the SD entertainment crowd announced they're working with these lads, looks like a UK/IRE tour is a distinct possibility.

Have to say I'd be all over it, you'd never hear Megadeth do most of this stuff

Quote𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗦𝗧 𝗦𝗜𝗚𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 || 𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦: 𝗨𝗞 & 𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗗: Kings of Thrash "THE MEGA YEARS" Featuring David Ellefson & Jeff Young / Six-Strings Inc.
KINGS OF THRASH "The MEGA Years" features GRAMMY® Award winning bassist David Ellefson, along with guitarist Jeff Young, reuniting to perform the early Thrash classics upon which the genre was built and defined in the 1980s. Showcasing the songs from the Killing is My Business...and Business is Good & So Far, So Good...So What, Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? albums in their entirety, plus some fun covers and deep cut classics, Ellefson & Young stay true to material not performed live in several decades, along with the spirit of the era which launched one of the greatest genres of heavy metal music.
Says Ellefson, "I think we've assembled an energetic song list and group of musicians to capture the spirit of a genre we helped create & define so many years ago. Fans have been requesting these songs for a long time now and it seems like a good moment to bring them back to the stage".
Jeff Young adds, "The mission here is to bring a connection of goodwill through the music, with a collaboration of musicians and friends in our community. Our thrash tribe casts a wide net to give people hope in a time when they're looking for something positive & uplifting. What better way to do that than through the music which has become the soundtrack to our lives."
The KINGS OF THRASH "The MEGA Years" features Chaz Leon on lead vocals & guitar with Fred Aching on drums. Also, joining the band on select domestic and international dates is, special guest guitarist Chris Poland.

Any sign of a Megadeth gig in Ireland

It would be cool to hear some early material live.

QuoteAny sign of a Megadeth gig in Ireland

None, but to be honest don't think I'd cross the road to see them again. Crap live band, shite vocals and dreadful same old same old setlist.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on March 25, 2024, 10:30:29 AM
QuoteAny sign of a Megadeth gig in Ireland

None, but to be honest don't think I'd cross the road to see them again. Crap live band, shite vocals and dreadful same old same old setlist.

Yeah, only remembered how boring they were at the Priest gig ten years ago.

Saw one Kings of Thrash video and they sounded pretty feckin' decent

Thought Megadeth were good when they were here with LOG a few years back, but I just had a nose at their most recent headline setlist compared to that gig and it's essentially the exact same setlist 9 years apart, mental.

Ah no, they've been shit a long time. Saw them a few times in the 2000's and Dave's voice was bollocks even back then and same setlist every time. Worst band on the bill at that Priest thing. Testament mopped the floor with them with a shorter set and tonnes more energy.

Looking at the Kings of Thrash setlists there - loads of surprises in there and they even go beyond those first few records on occasion.

Still nice to see Megadeth again,  haven't seen them since Rust in Peace tour with Alice In Chains

#9 March 25, 2024, 06:04:21 PM Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 06:06:19 PM by The Wretch
Quote from: Pagan Saviour on March 25, 2024, 12:39:38 PMAh no, they've been shit a long time. Saw them a few times in the 2000's and Dave's voice was bollocks even back then and same setlist every time. Worst band on the bill at that Priest thing. Testament mopped the floor with them with a shorter set and tonnes more energy.

Testament had a much better sound mix, which really helped. They had a better sound than Priest too. They fucking owned that gig.

Best sound I ever heard from Megadeth was when DeGrasso and Pitrelli were in the band. Obviously they didn't record any of the classic albums, but I saw them a few times with those guys and that was the fullest the band ever sounded IMO. And they were more enthusiastic and engaging on stage too.   

There were a few anal-retentive types who complained that Pitrelli didn't play the solo to Tornado Of Souls note-for-note or whatever but that was pointless nit picking IMO. At least the guy has personality and stage presence, which is more than can be said about a lot of the guys since.