Mixed feelings on this one,they played a lot of the newer era stuff which was to be expected and I didn't mind as I like the latest album.Started off well but there was definitely a period during the middle of the set where it was a bit of a yawn fest with the lighter songs but picked up again towards the end.
They've got a decent back catalog of songs, pity they don't fit more of the classics into the set list more.
It's the Jonas show,roger did ok on guitars but he's no blackheim.

Caught a bit of them at Damnation,  they did a Dead End Kings set which I always thought was bit of a nothing album so left after a few songs, along with a lot of the rest of the crowd

Second night was just dull and flat, really just came across like they weren't arsed being there

I enjoyed it alot. Like the new album. Agree that there were a couple of slower songs in thd middle that were a bit draggy. Finished strong tho. Good gig. Crowd seemed into it.

I enjoyed it too. Was expecting it to heavy on the more recent albums so no surprise there. There was a bit of plod in places bookended with some great tracks. The couple off Fall of Hearts were great and Evidence was a deadly closer. Great to have a proper long show too. 1 hour 40. Last few years most bands seem to only do the hour.

Quote from: Trev on November 08, 2023, 08:55:16 AMCaught a bit of them at Damnation,  they did a Dead End Kings set which I always thought was bit of a nothing album so left after a few songs, along with a lot of the rest of the crowd

Second night was just dull and flat, really just came across like they weren't arsed being there

The were so poor, I was really looking forward to seeing them as I last saw them during the Brave Murder Day period, they only played 40 mins of their 55 minute set due to a delay caused by a technical problem, worst part was I missed the end of Sigh  :(

#20 November 08, 2023, 08:10:10 PM Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 08:16:55 PM by Paul keohane
Ah here Quirky that shelter show was class!

A band i loved from the mid 90s into the early 2000s,but the last 15 years have just been the same sound,not great.

I only ever saw them once, that co-headliner with In The Woods in Charlie's in the late '90s. They were class then to be fair, from what I remember.

One of my favourite ever gigs that one!
Quote from: Carnage on November 08, 2023, 08:18:49 PMI only ever saw them once, that co-headliner with In The Woods in Charlie's in the late '90s. They were class then to be fair, from what I remember.

I barely remember it, I was Not Sober. I remember thinking both bands were class, particularly Katatonia but that's about it. Was that the one where Renske was too pissed to play and ended up sleeping through it?

I was only 17, ,about 30 of us came up on a bus that was falling apart from Cork.The Renske bit rings a bell alright.

QuoteEvidence was a deadly closer

Great track but again didn't do anything for me on the night. When they go back to Cold Distance or Viva it's always the same tracks. Zero surprises, Zero Deep cuts.

Was my first time to see them so probably got a bit more out of it. Coupled with a few midweek pints and home by 11 sure I thought it was mighty

Ah I think the mood is critical here. I was with a few lads and they all enjoyed it.