https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/emptiness/5845
https://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/nothing-but-the-whole

Not the feeling (or lack thereof), so much; But the Belgian black/death metal band. I think their albums Nothing But The Whole and Not For Music are fantastic. Fairly original in the suffocating underworld of obscure black/death metal I think, their approach would seem to be eerie atmosphere and dark vibes as top priority. Nothing But The Whole I would go back to fairly often, I remember upon release it really stood out to me as different. I believe your man Twiggy from Marilyn Manson/NIN helped produce Not For Music which I thought was interesting. It's a very good album too pretty much in the same vein but not as good as Nothing I think.

But yeah why I bring this band and these albums up really is, upon putting on Nothing earlier I thought to meself that I've not checked if they have a new album out for years, so I went and did just that, and found to my vague delight that they released an album 2 years ago titled Vide.

And yeah I seriously wish I hadn't been curious, as this is so shit and I dislike it to such a degree it's actually tainted my appreciation for the band and their music. WTF kind of turn is this from very unique weird black (with a bit of death) metal that got some respectable reviews- to not-even-enjoyable weird sort of avant-garde post-punk shit? I mean seriously; with the fucking endless amount of black and death metal bands out there...if I was in one, I imagine if I could say to meself well at least my band are respected as being somewhat original then I would be proud and happy with that going forward. But with Emptiness, it would appear they just went- Fuck it!- Let's just go the other way altogether and do an album that sounds like John Zorn producing Bethlehem or some shit and then slap a photo of an aborted baby on the fuckin album cover. Sound.

I really don't like it and I don't get it. But the previous 2 really are class.

Had a brief interest in them when Nothing came out but it didn't do as much for me as some of my mates. Saw them in London with Antediluvian and Svartidaudi around that time. Can't remember much about them.