Woeful. Auto tune is super clear at least

Quote from: Mooncat on April 20, 2023, 04:35:04 PMI would 100% believe that about Nikki Sixx not playing a single note, he's always been a massive fraud and bullshitter. Kind of Gene Simmons-lite. But hey, these guys' priority is the money and they know how to make it.
they would all be multi millionaires at this stage anyway, I think they just don't give a fuck

What a shame... I was such a fanboy back in my early teens.
They were literally the coolest band on the planet for me at the time and could do no wrong.

One or two catchy songs but they are/ were generally crap, I reckon. Give me WASP!

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 24, 2023, 11:36:52 AMOne or two catchy songs but they are/ were generally crap, I reckon. Give me WASP!

This. I'll give them this: Dr. Feelgood is a fantastic sounding album, you can hear why Metallica went for Bob Rock when they were going for a commercial sound.

Dr Feelgood was one of the first albums I had a copy of.  Still remember going to a friends house with a blank cassette to get a copy... Still love that album but I don't think you could pay me to go and watch them live though.     

https://youtu.be/fL6uYfOBx4E

Vince Neil sounds like Bob Dylan

This vid from a few years ago, can't imagine things have improved since.

#22 May 24, 2023, 11:56:22 PM Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 05:14:36 PM by Mooncat
Quote from: Necro Red on May 24, 2023, 10:45:00 AM
Quote from: Mooncat on April 20, 2023, 04:35:04 PMI would 100% believe that about Nikki Sixx not playing a single note, he's always been a massive fraud and bullshitter. Kind of Gene Simmons-lite. But hey, these guys' priority is the money and they know how to make it.
they would all be multi millionaires at this stage anyway, I think they just don't give a fuck

Not sure I buy into this line of thinking. People who are obsessed with money tend to never reach a point where they think it's enough.

Edit: Though I do agree with the not giving a fuck part also...

If Vince was a plumber he'd be handing you a spanner every second minute to participate..

Interesting stuff from Corabi regarding Mick not playing on the last few albums... which I have never heard  :laugh: I heard one song off Geration Swine and knew I never needed to hear anything from them ever again. Mick doesn't play in the studio, Sixx doesn't play live. Vince can't be arsed saying real words. Cunts still get paid  :laugh:

"None of this stuff, all the shit that's going on between Mick and them, none of it surprises me. It doesn't. And John's got big shoes to fill, and he's kind of stuck in this. And trust me, I get it, 'cause I was stuck in this shitty place as well between MÖTLEY CRÜE and whoever was being replaced's fans. You know what I mean? I had to deal with the fans that were massive Vince Neil fans, and I get it. And it was awkward at times to sit and listen to the guys do interviews where they went out of their way to slag Vince. I didn't even know the guy, so I had nothing shitty to say about him. But it is what it is, man."

"I don't envy John 5 at all at this point, you know what I mean? He's kind of in a weird position, 'cause I know he adores Mick, and he's friends with all the MÖTLEY guys, so he's kind of in a weird position. They offered him a great gig, and he's doing it. So trust me, I can relate."

"I know John 5. I think he's a brilliant guitar player. I am not taking [anything] away from John, because I love the guy to death. He is a guitarist's guitarist. But I can't help but think, when we were doing the 'Generation Swine' record, there was a rub between me and Mick, which transpired during... They had already told me that they were bringing Vince back, and their manager said to me, 'Can you help them finish the record?' And I said, 'Yes.' And every day they would call me at nine or ten o'clock in the morning, and it was Nikki, this guy Scott Humphrey and Tommy — [they] were producing the record — and they would call me every day, and they would go, 'Hey, can you come by the studio and play some guitar?' And I said, 'Well, as long as Mick is cool with it, sure.' Well, every day I'd get to the studio and they just complained, like, 'Oh my God. We had Mick here yesterday till two o'clock in the morning. We couldn't get anything out of him,' and blah blah blah. So, that was '95. And then they did the record. Now, I can tell you right now most of the rhythms on that record were mine. And if Mick was sitting here, he'd go, 'Yeah, most of the guitars were his.' So I played on the 'Generation Swine' record. I don't know if Mick played on 'New Tattoo' — I'm not sure — but I know it was DJ Ashba on 'Red, White & Crüe', on the new songs, and I know on 'Saints Of Los Angeles', it was DJ Ashba. And then I know on the movie 'The Dirt', the new songs that they did, 'Like A Virgin' and all that shit, it's John 5. So they haven't had Mick... they haven't been using him since — fuck — '95.

"Again, I'm just looking at things the way I look at 'em and I can't help but think that they just went for the upgrade — in their minds. You do have a history there; the fans are used to that history.

"And you know what? Folks, if I am wrong, I'll come back again with you and I will say, 'I apologize. I'm wrong.' But until I hear it from Mick, I don't buy any of it."